So I'm looking to upgrade the pickups in my Agile Al-3100 and I was thinking about the PAF pro in the neck position and super distortion for the bridge. I need new pickups so I can actually play some metal, but still get some decent cleans. I already got enough warmth due to the dense body. I'll most likely get the super distortion for the bridge position for sure, but I was wondering if there are any better alternatives for the neck besides the PAF pro? I play through a high gain peavey supreme if that helps.

Oops haha I just confused myself while typing, its all fixed now
Last edited by troyofyort at Nov 12, 2011,
You've got those the wrong way 'round. Super goes in the bridge, something with low output like a PAF goes in the neck. You'd get a large output/volume difference between the pups otherwise.
Quote by TheQuailman
You've got those the wrong way 'round. Super goes in the bridge, something with low output like a PAF goes in the neck. You'd get a large output/volume difference between the pups otherwise.

That is exactly what he just said
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
Quote by ac/dcfan5000
That is exactly what he just said

I had it wrong at first but fixed it
don't see why that wouldn't work
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm thinking about the same combo for my LP Studio. I have a Super Distortion T in my Tele and absolutely love it. Adds a lot of body/chunk/whateveryouwannacallit to my sound.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I'm thinking about the same combo for my LP Studio. I have a Super Distortion T in my Tele and absolutely love it. Adds a lot of body/chunk/whateveryouwannacallit to my sound.

Yeah it just seems like a good idea for les paul style guitars, The super distortion is a definite, but I'm still wondering If I should go with something different than the PAF...
Same. The neck pickup is just as important to me. I'd use it mainly for cleans, so high output is the last thing I want. I'm also thinking the Air Classic....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well I use my neck for metal rhythm playing alot so I'll need powerful pups.