Just came across these guys (this guy?) in another forum. Not sure if it's a band or a solo project. Also I'm not really sure what sub-genre they belong too, but they list their influences as Agalloch, Alcest, Insomnium, Opeth, etc... it's basically a mix of melodeath, acoustic sections, post-black metal and anything else you might wanna throw in there. Really melodic and pretty emotional/intense. They just released a 2-song demo for free download on their bandcamp page: iapetus1.bandcamp.com I highly recommend checking it out...can't wait to see where they progress from here.

For those of you who prefer youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev6p-W8C8eA - Instrumental track, reminds me a lot of Agalloch in some parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECytmaA-i-Y - Epic song...a must listen for those of you who are suckers for some nicely placed female vocals.
Hmm, I can't find any way to fault this significantly but nothing really stands out to me either. The material is definitely not bad, so yeah hopefully they'll develop more into their own sound in the future.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Hmm, I can't find any way to fault this significantly but nothing really stands out to me either. The material is definitely not bad, so yeah hopefully they'll develop more into their own sound in the future.

This, definitely. They have a cool idea going on, and it sounds fairly unique, but unique doesn't always mean it's interesting. It's not bad, but it's not great. I'd love to hear them branch out a bit and work on their sound.
The two posters above me took the words straight out of my mouth.

It'll be interesting to see what they have to offer in the future. Definitely has the potential to be really cool stuff.
The guy that makes this music actually posts here. I cant remember the username, but I think he has an Mirrorthrone avatar.

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
Damn, word spreads fast on the internet. And this dude above me has excellent memory haha. But yes, this is my music. I truly appreciate the kind words OP, and thanks for spreading the word. It's awesome to see support and encouragement at this stage. We are actually a full band...we're in the process of getting the line-up together at the moment. The vocalist will be different (he'll be doing growls and cleans) and we've also added an awesome bass player. And hopefully this will all be coupled with an awesome new logo by Xenoyr from Ne Obliviscaris (he's working on it as we speak )

And thanks to everyone else for the feedback as well, it's at least reassuring that people don't outright hate it haha. These songs were written roughly 2 years ago, so needless to say the material for the upcoming full-length has progressed and matured quite a bit. It will be much more epic in scope, I can promise you that. And these songs will most likely be reworked. Thinking about adding vocals to "...Of Hangmen & Vertebrae" as well, but we'll see.

Anyway, thanks again guys, I really appreciate it.
When is the full-length due? Or is too early to ask haha?

Those bloated swine...

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
No official date yet....but I can tell you that all the material is written and ready to go for the most part. Just need to tweak some things, work on a few harmonies, finalize all the layers etc... Gonna try and get the name out there and promote for awhile but hopefully we'll see a full-length within 3-4 months. Not to promote my band in the wrong forum here, but if you wanna keep up with the progress our facebook page is www.facebook.com/Iapetus.Metal

Cool man man thanks. I like your music so I await a full length! I imagine this is pretty much like the music I would want to play if I ever assembled a band

I did delete my facebook however >.>

Those bloated swine...

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
Ah, that's unfortunate haha. And honestly, thanks dude, I really appreciate the positive feedback. I'm glad you can identify with the songs. I've really just created a clusterfvck of all my influences and tried to get some coherent songwriting out of it haha. Psyched for it to all come together (hopefully) on the first record.
Quote by metal7690
Damn, word spreads fast on the internet. And this dude above me has excellent memory haha. But yes, this is my music. I truly appreciate the kind words OP, and thanks for spreading the word. It's awesome to see support and encouragement at this stage. We are actually a full band...we're in the process of getting the line-up together at the moment. The vocalist will be different (he'll be doing growls and cleans) and we've also added an awesome bass player. And hopefully this will all be coupled with an awesome new logo by Xenoyr from Ne Obliviscaris (he's working on it as we speak )

Np, I heard your stuff and I really like it. Can't wait to see what the full-length sounds like. Followed you guys on facebook as well.
Hey guys, for anyone who might still be interested:

We've just released a Studio update that has like 8 minutes of brand new material. I'd like to think it's a bit more developed than what you heard on the demo. You can also see our stunning new logo, courtesy of Xenoyr from NeO. We haven't quite hit our goal of having a full-length out by now, but we will hopefully be releasing a 30 minute EP by the end of the month (it's gonna be free!).

You can watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSHVQu-IKc

Hope you enjoy it!
The new EP has finally been released! "Eviscerate Divine" is roughly 30 minutes of material that I would classify mostly as Progressive/Melodic death metal. It's a huge step up from the demo, if I can say so myself :P. Available for free stream and download at iapetus1.bandcamp.com. Would love to hear what you guys think.

Gonna have to listen to this simply because you nicked a Neil DeGrasse Tyson monologue for the intro track. And for that I love you.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I, too, love you for knowing who Neil Degrasse Tyson is. We're all a bunch of heathenish space nerds in this band, haha. A deep reverence for the cosmos is kind of the "theme" of our music, if you couldn't tell by the artwork and the band name and the song titles and such