Hey all, I'm new here so please excuse me if I break any rules XD
I recently got a Suzuki Guitar thrown in with buying my first amp (gorillia gg-25)! The guitar is not in working condition but I'm not the type of person to look a gift horse in the mouth. The only thing now is I'm trying to decide if said guitar is worth fixing! I can see no model/serial number all I know is it's a suzuki and I can't seem to find anything online through my googling of key words to descirbe it! it feels like a solid guitar and suzuki has a good rep but I'd like to know before I decide whether to keep it or re-give it! if anyone knows the model, knows of a UG review of one of these already that would be great! I'd just like to know more about it and if it's superior to my yamaha eg 112! thanks so much!
Attachments:
guitar.jpeg
guitar 2.jpeg
1. We need better pictures.
2. Since when do all motorcycle companies make guitars? (ot)
3. No, it's usually not worth fixing a guitar, but what is not exactly in "working condition"?
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
don't know much about the guitar. I would fix it, but more for a decoration than a guitar, if it's pretty of course. It's really hard to make a guitar playable if it already isn't.

The EG112 is a good guitar, seriously better than many more expensive guitars, so if you would try to make it better than that one, don't do it yourself.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
1. Only camera I have is iPhone lol
2. I thought same thing man, I had a Gsxr 750 lol
3. It's got some wiring issues I believe nothing structurally seems wrong... I put it on kijiji for sale or repair and I got a guy doin it for 30$ so we shall see!
The "motorcycle company" Suzuki isn't the only Suzuki company apparently, though they do make guitars and basses now (I have a Suzuki P-Bass copy ). But apparently there was another Suzuki company (Kiso Suzuki) that started making guitars on the 1950s, and went bankrupt in 1987, selling all their machines to ESP.

Here's a blog dedicated to them, but I've only found pictures of acoustics and classics, and what looks like some sort of acoustic archtop. Searching for "electric" there yields no results. Hopefully this helps somehow.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Be careful of the tube stack switch on that amp. It is addictive!!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by technoguyx
But apparently there was another Suzuki company (Kiso Suzuki) that started making guitars on the 1950s, and went bankrupt in 1987, selling all their machines to ESP.

Searching for "electric" there yields no results. Hopefully this helps somehow.

Yes this does help! I didn't know that about Suzuki, I had actually found that blog myself but not sifted through it well as I had not seen any electrics either! It's odd though how there is like nothing on this guitar... I even tried searching suzuki guitars on ebay to try and match images! but nothing!
Not sure if it's the same Suzuki (again), but this guitar looks pretty similar to the one you have. It's a Grand Suzuki guitar, which supposedly is a high end line of guitars. It doesn't have the same logo on the headstock though, but at least we know Kiso Suzuki might have made electrics after all

If I were you I'd ask around in vintage Japanese/Asian guitar forums to see which kind of guitar it is and how much it'd be worth.
Professional lurker since 2009.