He's probably one of the best songwriters of the 90's and still not many people know him which i think is pretty bad. Anyone who hasn't heard any of his stuff should definetley check it out.
Let me know what you think
This really confuses me every time. My best mates called Elliott Smith... he's not a very good song writer, or in fact a good guitarist.

The actual E.Smith though is really good :P
I always think the same thing about Frank Black, (aka, Black Francis) Most people know about the Pixies, but his solo stuff and the Frank Black and the Catholics stuff is legendary in my mind and it seems that nobody knows about it.
I ****ing looooove Elliott Smith! He's got to be one of my all-time favorite musicians.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
He might be well known in some places, but in england people around my age (18) not many know him trust me..it is surprising and not good.
Pretty much everyone I know who's into music knows Elliot Smith...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
It's one of my dreams to someday play in an Elliott Smith tribute show. In the meantime I'm stuck listening to live recordings of his concerts
I remember hearing Elliott Smith for the first time at the Oscars, playing inbetween Celine Dion and maybe Michael Bolton. He was wearing a white tuxedo and was absolutely brilliant. Didn't win though, but I've been hooked ever since.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
lost to celine dion lol. it was on some countdown for one of the most awkward moments in oscars history. assholes