I played one of em at GC and ven though they look like crap and are loaded with stuff no one needs... they play like a dream. any thoughts???
Quote by perszzac
I played one of em at GC and ven though they look like crap and are loaded with stuff no one needs... they play like a dream. any thoughts???

For $5000 it better! You can get a Gibson Custom shop for far less.

Edit: NVM it's only $4000
Last edited by W4RP1G at Nov 12, 2011,
There aren't any in Australia (or they're atleast very scarce). I guess Australian businesses have seen what a commercial failure they are and can't afford to stock them.
West Ham United
Far too ugly to give it a try, and for the price you can get much better guitars. Hell, for four grand, you could get a Les Paul Custom and have some change left over.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Nov 14, 2011,
It's epic.

Really really epic.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Played one, loved it. Not sure how I feel about all the effects, but the robot system and clean sounds out of this thing is pretty awesome.

However, having chorus and all that for your clean sounds a flip away does seem useful.
Last edited by 00_hns_00 at Nov 13, 2011,
No thanks
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Eh. I think it looks cool and if i was rich i would pick one up. I'm a sucker for convenience so having a bunch of effects and presets a flip away seems hella handy. But seeing as i'm flat broke, no i have not played or even thought about the possibility of picking one up eventually.
Quote by 00_hns_00
Played one, loved it. Not sure how I feel about all the defects, but the robot system and clean sounds out of this thing is pretty awesome.

However, having chorus and all that for your clean sounds a flip away does seem useful.

What defects?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by micromountain37
Why 23 frets? I don't understand...

Couldn't afford the extra one.
i would really like to try one personally, yea they are ugly as hell, but its a cool concept and certainly sound revolutionary from a guitar-technology stand point.

i dont know how it is going to go over, time will tell. but you do have to remember when the flying V and Explorer were released by Gibson (i have read in numerous places, i wasn't alive then) did poorly and were years later deemed ahead of time, and if you look, now what company (besides fender) doesn't make something that looks like a V or an Explorer. most of the 'metal guitar' companies make something more or less influenced on the V and the Explorer (obviously i know metal can be played on anything, we have been through that quite a bit in the last week).

again, i will not be buying one, but i would like to try it out. maybe it will go over poorly and slip off the market for a while and 10 years from now become popular. you never know.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That is true. When Les Pauls were first introduced they were very poorly received, so they scrapped it altogether and made the SG. A decade later, icons began using it and now it is recognised as a definitive rock guitar. Even then it was only when Slash came around that it once again broke into the mainstream. So I guess we could possibly see the same with the Firebird X... I'm still not buying one though.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
That is true. When Les Pauls were first introduced they were very poorly received, so they scrapped it altogether and made the SG. A decade later, icons began using it and now it is recognised as a definitive rock guitar. Even then it was only when Slash came around that it once again broke into the mainstream. So I guess we could possibly see the same with the Firebird X... I'm still not buying one though.

i certainly think there was a good amount of brilliance in the development. it would literally change the way that gear is used. it is quite revolutionary

personally i will stick with my tube amps, les pauls, SG's, and Wolfgangs, i dont ever want any SS amps (two exceptions JC120 and RG100ES both if i stumbled upon them for the right price), and certainly no digital setups. axe-fx is cool, but it still seems rather lifeless to me but thats just me, everybody is different.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Of course I haven't exactly heard many demos of it, but I'm going to assume it's a digital mess. Like you I prefer a cranked tube amp. To me the guitar seems like more of an unnatural, plastic toy than a true, wooden guitar. I'll take a Les Paul over one any day.

Also, isn't having to move your hand on the guitar awkward? Using footswitches would work much better to seamlessly change up effects mid-song. Also I'm fairly sure it's cheaper (and better sounding) to simply buy a regular guitar and additional footswitches.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
Of course I haven't exactly heard many demos of it, but I'm going to assume it's a digital mess. Like you I prefer a cranked tube amp. To me the guitar seems like more of an unnatural, plastic toy than a true, wooden guitar. I'll take a Les Paul over one any day.

Also, isn't having to move your hand on the guitar awkward? Using footswitches would work much better to seamlessly change up effects mid-song. Also I'm fairly sure it's cheaper (and better sounding) to simply buy a regular guitar and additional footswitches.

major +1. could have they made this guitar any more gaudy.

i do imagine it being odd to have all of that on the guitar, but i would assume most people would be able to get used to it (if they had the patience and liked the guitar).

i am running to GC and Sam Ash tomorrow likely, i will see if they have one and hopefully play one. unfortunatly however, i am not sure that either store will have it. the GC carries mostly cheap beginner and intermediate crap. they have like 5 or so nice guitars behind the glass, last time they had a Jem (not sure what model), an Les Paul Custom a EBMM Petrucci something and a EVH Wolfgang Supreme. and samash is full of rude and pushy salesmen and doesn't even have a decent enough amp to try thing out on. the best amps they had last time were like a Blackstar 60? i think, other than that is fender HRD's Line 6 spiders, MG's and MA's but do have a halfway decent stock of gibsons. but i need to pick up some stuff so i will see if they have it. the guys at guitar center are great and they all pretty much know me by name, so if they have it they will certainly take it out for me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Sounds good. I wish I could try one of these myself, but like I said yesterday they're not available in Australia. Despite how much I hate the thought of them I find them irrevocably interesting.
West Ham United
It kind of irks me how people become so biased against digital stuff. The stuff from Line 6 in the low-medium range is not very great to alright at best, respectively. I used to be an analog guy, and I never really figured it out. I need a tube amp. I need analog pedals. Blah blah blah.

I became really interested when I heard about the Axe-Fx, but as usual I wasn't so quick to assume that how it sounded in the videos wasn't the sound your average joe would get trying to dial it in and mix it.

What pushed me past the edge of wanting one was when I saw Periphery in september and I got to try Jake's LACS Ibanez (which was amazing, btw) through his Axe-Fx. The sound was very impressive and responsive to your playing.

TL;DR, just because you don't like MGs and Spider 3/4s, not every digital amp/effect is crap.
Quote by Pac_man0123
It kind of irks me how people become so biased against digital stuff. The stuff from Line 6 in the low-medium range is not very great to alright at best, respectively. I used to be an analog guy, and I never really figured it out. I need a tube amp. I need analog pedals. Blah blah blah.

I became really interested when I heard about the Axe-Fx, but as usual I wasn't so quick to assume that how it sounded in the videos wasn't the sound your average joe would get trying to dial it in and mix it.

What pushed me past the edge of wanting one was when I saw Periphery in september and I got to try Jake's LACS Ibanez (which was amazing, btw) through his Axe-Fx. The sound was very impressive and responsive to your playing.

TL;DR, just because you don't like MGs and Spider 3/4s, not every digital amp/effect is crap.

Look at how much you have to pay for it, though. I mean, I'm not saying that you can't get decent digital for a decent price, because I haven't done the research and come to any reasonable conclusion. Everybody seems to be using the Axe FX as evidence that digital doesn't suck, but to really find out for yourself you have to shell out $3500+ It might be worth if it truly can do everything, but some guitarists just don't need everything.
Quote by King Donkey

Thats cause the LP sucked balls when it first came out. Like impossible to tune, set up and intonate thanks to the stupid tailpeice they used on the originals.

This wont be recieved well because its ugly and far too expensive...

No problem with the robot thing or the built in DSP effects, but they arent line 6, you think the success of the LP/SG tributes wouldve taught them we dont like paying £3k for ridiculous looking crap. We just want something awesome thats not too expensive.