(searched here and on Google, didn't find much)

Just today I bought a set of Rotosound Jumbo King phosphor bronze wound strings to replace the previous strings, which were some D'Addario electric strings, nickel wound. I wondered if there was any difference.

I didn't really notice that much of a difference, though I suppose that's because the bass strings were brand new and therefore pretty bright, just like the nickel wound ones. Maybe they were a little louder but that's about it. Also the wound G (which I love), but there are nickel wound Gs too

So, what noticeable differences do you guys think there are between (phosphor) bronze and nickel wound strings? Which one would you favor?
Professional lurker since 2009.
As is my understanding, you will get a slightly warmer and mellower sound from nickel: thus the reason they are so popular with flatwound strings. I couldn't tell you any more, I'm afraid.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
As is my understanding, you will get a slightly warmer and mellower sound from nickel: thus the reason they are so popular with flatwound strings. I couldn't tell you any more, I'm afraid.

Weird, I've always found nickel pretty bright. I searched a little more and apparently bronze is a little brighter than nickel wound.

So, bronze wound strings are just slightly brighter and louder (since I was using electric strings which aren't meant to sound loud acoustically) than nickel wound strings?
Professional lurker since 2009.