Page 5 of 55
Quote by jetfuel495
It's all the same lady, though I'll go through multiple avatars of her in a week.

You change your avatar a few times every week? I can't believe I've never noticed this.
RIP Gooze

cats
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Hey, i've got a question for element4433.

Why the fuck didn't you call me?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
1. How old are you?

2. Where do you mod?
Bass

3. What instrument(s) do you play?
Bass, guitar, drums, a bit of keys

4. Favorite food?
Chinese food!

5. Favorite drink?
Pepsi Max, Pepsi>Coke.

6. Favorite candy?
Skittles

7. Favorite holiday?
Christmas

8. Genre(s)?
A lot of hardcore lately, but I listen to a bit of everything really.

9. Band(s)?
Lower Than Atlantis, Don Broco (see sig), RHCP, Kids in Glass Houses, Texas in July, Letlive, Fightstar, Closure in Moscow, there's plenty more.

10. What is the best album OF ALL TIME? (PICK ONE)
Blood Sugar Sex Magik

11. What dog is the best dog?
There's nothing cuter than a corgi puppy

12. Can you successfully blow up and tie a balloon?
I can blow them up, never mastered tying them though

13. Time to get juicy - celebrity crush?
Not so much a celebrity, but this woman

14. How did you become a mod? (The events leading up to your modhood)
The usual really. A mod had to step down and I was approached to fill in for the bass forum

15. Best mod (besides yourself dawg)?
They're all great, I couldn't choose

16. If you could ban ANY user, who would it be, and why?
Kilty Boxers

17. What's your favorite UG moment eva?
The incident with Dink and her dog was pretty funny. Idk, I have a pretty shit memory
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
1. How old are you?

2. Where do you mod?
I don't mod, I janit. I'm a janitor

Piano and Guitar

4. Favorite food?
Tacos!

5. Favorite drink?
Astra Rotlicht

6. Favorite candy?
A german thing called Maiblätter

7. Favorite holiday?
Christmas!

8. Genre(s)?
Metal, Trance and Dubstep

9. Band(s)?
Devin Townsend and The Prodigy

Toxicity from SOAD

Belgian Shephard

Yes

Christina Hendricks

I nearly got perma'd, but turned around and started doing good things for the site like running the short-lived UG Radio.

Daytripper

Due07. He's like the new Fassa, but even worse.

Assrammer!
Oops double posted.

Sorry!
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Nov 13, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster

Christina Hendricks!

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by CoreysMonster

I nearly got perma'd, but turned around and started doing good things for the site like running the short-lived UG Radio.

Didn't know that existed. How did that work anyway?

We should start it back up.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Didn't know that existed. How did that work anyway?

We should start it back up.

People were submitting buttloads of their own music, and we had really killer tunes, but nobody really listened to it. At the beginning, we had like a constant listener rate of about 30-40 people, but after a while it dropped to at most 1 or 2 people. The hosting costs were 25 Euros a month, so I decided to just quit because it wasn't worth it.

There have been a couple of attempts to get a UG Radio going, but there just isn't enough interest from the users.
Quote by CoreysMonster
People were submitting buttloads of their own music, and we had really killer tunes, but nobody really listened to it. At the beginning, we had like a constant listener rate of about 30-40 people, but after a while it dropped to at most 1 or 2 people. The hosting costs were 25 Euros a month, so I decided to just quit because it wasn't worth it.

There have been a couple of attempts to get a UG Radio going, but there just isn't enough interest from the users.

Well it could be a little more marketed now with the Webizine and the whole UG plus thing. Maybe the reason interest dropped is because people didn't want to listen to things they didn't know? Or maybe there wasn't enough variety (i.e. too much metal/too much acoustic)?

That does sound pretty costly. Tell you what, I can't for the sake of me start organizing anything right now as I'm in the process of moving countries. But once I'm done with that I'll be sure to start a thread in The Pit where users who are interested can participate. I'm seriously interested in doing this, and you don't need to have anything to do with it if you don't want to. I'm just spit balling so far.
I was really interested in the ug radio. I always thought it was a shame that it failed / was discontinued.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by slipknot5678
I like all of the mods here too.

Seriously, not even ass-kissing, I don't know why people complain about you guys.

This. As little as I've talked to the mods, I actually enjoy seeing them around the forums talking to people and offering their opinion.

I'm used to forums where you make a post and they give you a generic macro saying "I'm sorry but personal questions are not allowed, please try questions appropriate to the board."

All the mods are bros here. I dig you guys
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
1. How old are you?

2. Where do you mod?
Songwriting & Lyrics, Drums and Forum of the Banned.

Guitars and drums - visit my page to see my epic collection.

4. Favorite food?
Everything that I ate in Israel. There honestly isn't one piece in particularly that I love more than others. If it's done right, jacket potato and beans can be fantastic.

5. Favorite drink?
Mint caramel hot chocolate or a nice whiskey with ice.

6. Favorite candy?
Cookie Galaxy or Lindt chocolate ballz.

7. Favorite holiday?
Visiting Carmel in Israel and going surfing in Morocco

8. Genre(s)?
Post-Metal, Grunge, Doom, Stoner Rock, Alternative, Folk, Hip-Hop

9. Band(s)?
Poor Reeves - though we are now defunct

Eels - Beautiful Freak

Corgi

Yes. I have experience with blowing.

Susan Coffey, Jennifer Lawrence, Amanda Palmer, Noomi Rapace, Shannyn Sossamon, Shay Maria, Emilia Clarke and any girl wearing Batman underwear... yes, ANY!

I was a CC for a year before I became a moderator. Carmel needed someone to mod the S&L forum and I had been a regular there for years. I had a clean record - as far as I could remember - and I was nice to people.

Being modded was not actually what I originally wanted. I was enjoying being a CC, and didn't know whether the step up would actually be a step down in enjoyment - since I do this because I enjoy helping others. But it turned out to be great!

The FotB also needed some help and I offered my services, since I wasn't working at the time, and the same was the case for the Drum forum. I have been drumming for a few years now so I was obviously a decent choice.

jof and Carmel.

I don't really want to offend anyone. There are people I'd like to ban from life more so than UG.

Too many to number. I've been posting here since 2007 and have bookmarking almost fifty threads. That's almost five years of memories. Just like in the outside world, I could not tell you my favourite moment; they all had something to offer.
1. How old are you?
just turned 24

2. Where do you mod?
Bands&Artists, Promote YOUR Band

guitar + ukulele, but i hardly play either anymore

4. Favorite food?
donuts

5. Favorite drink?
coffee, grapefruit juice

6. Favorite candy?
Three Musketeers, Smarties

7. Favorite holiday?
i just find most holidays to be stressful.

8. Genre(s)?
garage rock, various forms of folk, hip-hop, psych

9. Band(s)?
Neil Young

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Scooby-Doo, Santa's Little Helper

of course. what kind of schmuck can't do that?

it has always been Natalie Portman, lately Alison Brie

for some reason, they thought that CCing me would be a good idea. i guess that led to me moving up to PYB which was because of the whole thing with Slut, then the dream team of Andrewbiles and j0nmcc stepped down from Bands & Artists.

really, they are all good eggs and keep me coming back.

i think that all of the users that have ever irked me have left.

i enjoy any time that all of the mods get banned. i'll come up with a better answer later.

Quote by jetfuel495
Looks like all the cool mods don't play Skyrim

i'm waiting until the TES modding community make mods to get it.
Quote by due 07
Question to all mods:

What is the worst accent? Would you agree that it's Cajun?

i don't think i'd be able to carry on a conversation with someone that has a cajun accent because it is probably the funniest of all accents.
Look at this smile - and she's British (all those that say British people have bad teeth, suck it)

Another pretty smile:

I got more pictures coming, biatches.
Has any mod/Smod/Admin/CC, current or former, submitted nudes to get their position?

Also, are you run by The Patriots?
/metalgearsolidpersona
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Yeah, I have all the mods nude pictures saved on my computer. They have mine, though, so it's a compromise.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Has any mod/Smod/Admin/CC, current or former, submitted nudes to get their position?

Also, are you run by The Patriots?
/metalgearsolidpersona

I say we both submit nudes to the mods and see what we get! (: bahaha

Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by Saint78
I'm not bro's with any of the mods

Isn't the guy in your avatar one of element's avatars a long time ago?
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Isn't the guy in your avatar one of element's avatars a long time ago?

I dunno, it's Pedro, I got it yesterday.
you're a stone fox
What's up with this special user circle who the mods love? Did I miss something? I never thought the politics around here were that bad...
Quote by conor-figgy
What's up with this special user circle who the mods love? Did I miss something? I never thought the politics around here were that bad...

I know I'm only a CC and have only been around for 11 months, but from what I've seen, there really is none. I've warned and banned people that I'm friends with on here. And I've seen the other mods warn and ban the "more popular" users on here.

The notion that there is favouritism on this site towards some users is complete bollocks.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
This is the get to know the mods thread.

inb4 ban.
Quote by conor-figgy
Sometimes it seems like that since we all have friends that we've known since way before our modship, but when they break the rules, they have to be taken care of just as well.

For instance, Collin warned Blake back in June, and those guys are total bros.

And I ban Bean all the time.
Quote by stepco12345

inb4 ban.

I know CC's can ban, but you're all a bunch of pussies. There's a reason you're CC's after all, eh?
Quote by jetfuel495
Believe it or not, CCs have the toughest job on the site. In my experience at least.

From the brief times I've looked through the comment sections, I don't doubt that.
Quote by stepco12345
I know I'm only a CC and have only been around for 11 months, but from what I've seen, there really is none. I've warned and banned people that I'm friends with on here. And I've seen the other mods warn and ban the "more popular" users on here.

The notion that there is favouritism on this site towards some users is complete bollocks.

Quote by jetfuel495
Sometimes it seems like that since we all have friends that we've known since way before our modship, but when they break the rules, they have to be taken care of just as well.

And I ban Bean all the time.

Cheers guys, might just be me then. I just couldn't have seen this thread taking off unless Due or some other users did it. Also, that nod thing would have been gone long ago. He's obviously not happy about it, linky

Note, the above is just my opinion, I'm not arguing with anyone so don't retort angrily to this post as I don't plan on responding. More shrugs...
Last edited by conor-figgy at Nov 13, 2011,
Quote by jetfuel495
Believe it or not, CCs have the toughest job on the site. In my experience at least.

Eh. We get weekends off if there isn't a flame-inducing article.
But yeah, we get elbow deep in shit sometimes.

Also, I assume we also get the most hate mail, as most of the regular column comment makers have the social skills of a spoon.
Quote by jetfuel495

I don't blame him. I'd ban Blakeypoo in an instant.
Mods, why do you hate me so much?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by conor-figgy
Cheers guys, might just be me then. I just couldn't have seen this thread taking off unless Due or some other users did it. Also, that nod thing would have been gone long ago. He's obviously not happy about it, linky

Note, the above is just my opinion, I'm not arguing with anyone so don't retort angrily to this post as I don't plan on responding. More shrugs...
To be fair, I told Due to make the thread. He suggested it, and I was going to do it, but I ended up letting him make it because I was busy.

As for the nod...

I'm not a pit mod so I'm not touching that
Quote by stepco12345
Eh. We get weekends off if there isn't a flame-inducing article.
But yeah, we get elbow deep in shit sometimes.

Also, I assume we also get the most hate mail, as most of the regular column comment makers have the social skills of a spoon.
I do miss the hate mail. Good times.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Mods, why do you hate me so much?
Because it's a pain in the ass to look up your username whenever we want to ban you.

Just kidding. I don't know why everyone hates you.
Mods, do you find the FotB fun at times? I know it must be hard because there's probably a ton of d-bags in there but do you ever just laugh at all the stupidity in there?
Why are most of the mods barely ever online? Including the 2 forum Admins.

Also, Jay. Is Dylan's penis really that small?
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by jetfuel495
Because it's a pain in the ass to look up your username whenever we want to ban you.

Just kidding. I don't know why everyone hates you.

Me neither, you guys were sad when I wasn't perma'd

That really hurt.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by xShade
Mods, do you find the FotB fun at times? I know it must be hard because there's probably a ton of d-bags in there but do you ever just laugh at all the stupidity in there?
Sometimes. It gets painful occasionally having to argue with self-proclaimed internet martyrs, but there's just golden moments at times that make it all worth it.
Quote by MH400
Why are most of the mods barely ever online? Including the 2 forum Admins.

Also, Jay. Is Dylan's penis really that small?
Same reason that you appear to be offline right now.

And yes, it really is. But it's okay, I don't love him any less for it.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Me neither, you guys were sad when I wasn't perma'd

That really hurt.

Admittedly I get heartbroken every time I see you come back from a ban.

Quote by jetfuel495
Sometimes. It gets painful occasionally having to argue with self-proclaimed internet martyrs, but there's just golden moments at times that make it all worth it.Same reason that you appear to be offline right now.

And yes, it really is. But it's okay, I don't love him any less for it.

I heard a rumour that Dylan found a rash...

You should probs get yourself checked...
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Nov 13, 2011,