I'm in Manhatten and my hotel got my booking screwed up. I was supposed to be staying tonight though thursday morning and they somehow scratched me off of this first night. So i get here and I have no where to sleep as they are ll booked and so is everywhere else in my price range..

So,

anybody familiar with the area know of any places it would be okay to kinda linger until the sun comes up?

I've been at this 24 hour diner for an hour and a half now. I ordered and ate and am now just sipping coffee.. I've spent about 20 bucks.

Is it weird to hang out at a place like this much longer?
Nah, you're in America. I'm sure they've had their fair share of freaks at 24 hour diners.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Go join the "occupy" protest for the night.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Weaponized
Woah man, that really sucks. I would suggest not roaming the streets.

Well Fortunately I'm in the upper East Side... Which is a nice neighborhood. Not exactly Harlem.
Quote by cornmancer
Relive the plot of Catcher in the Rye.

Watch out for the pimp!
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by sashki
There are 24-hour diners in America?
Also, can't you use the wonders of technology to google up some cheap hotel to spend the night in? Or is that out of your budget?

I've done all the googling there is to google.. Everything in my budget is booked on such short notice on a saturday night in Manhatten.
Quote by doomded

Heck yeah man haha.. great idea!
Quote by doomded

This is actually a fantastic idea. They'll have food + people + warmth, and you most likely won't get brutalized by the police.
Rave time.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Relive the plot of the Wheel of Time.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
^ He may even get laid :
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You should look at a map and learn how to spell Manhattan.

Sue me haha.. I've been up for 2 and a half days, I'm jetlagged as hell and I'm wearing the same clothes as well, as the russian ariline lost my luggage!! Its been a night from Hell..

So I'm entitled to a spelling error or 2.

Quote by lipscombaaron
I'm in Manhatten and my hotel got my booking screwed up. I was supposed to be staying tonight though thursday morning and they somehow scratched me off of this first night. So i get here and I have no where to sleep as they are ll booked and so is everywhere else in my price range..

So,

anybody familiar with the area know of any places it would be okay to kinda linger until the sun comes up?

brownsville
I like how New York is a place where your safest option in the middle of the night, to avoid mugging, stabbing, or police brutality is to go join a protest.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by lipscombaaron
Well Fortunately I'm in the upper East Side... Which is a nice neighborhood. Not exactly Harlem.

At least you're not in Harlem. Whatever you do just don't go into Spanish harlem (East side) alone at night. The West side's a bit safer even though it's still bad. There's nothing fun to do up there.
Quote by dann_blood
Relive the plot of the Wheel of Time.

Which reminds me, I mean to continue reading that series. I'm stuck on The Path of Daggers and haven't picked it up in a couple weeks, but I really want to read it again so I can find out what happens in Towers of Midnight. I should do that.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
You should definitely go walk through the middle of Central Park, and if anyone offers you drugs you must say yes.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
The occupy protest is a great idea. You might even make some new friends, and get some great stories to tell us.

I agree, hell, if he enjoys it, he may as well stay there for the duration of his stay for free instead of giving money to the hotel that screwed his booking up.