Please take judgement from these..

I've been learning electric for 5 months.

My downpick speed is not good.

I want a piece that...

isn't too easy that it makes me look pathetic.

isn't too hard that I wouldn't be able to do it.

I can learn in a month.

isn't too heavy ('cause it's in school)

needs to be a whole song, not rhythm only

preferably instrumental
BEATLES - uhh. i really dont like the band.
BLACK LABEL - I can't move my fingers that fast!! I'm still beginning, lol. I can't solo quickly.

WISHFUL THINKING - thanks! sounds cute, might use this if i can't do anything lol.. but i prefer something a liiiiiiiiittle harder.
Quote by luxeion
WISHFUL THINKING - thanks! sounds cute, might use this if i can't do anything lol.. but i prefer something a liiiiiiiiittle harder.

Try the album version instead then
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
honestly, your teacher is probably the best one to provide you recital pieces to play, not people on here. Even ten words by joe satch is way too hard for someone who isnt a prodigy in 5 months.

ive only been playing classical for a couple months now, but I've played electric for a long time now and have decent strength/agility, so I can do a decent amount of stuff, but everyone has to pace themselves.

i have a recital next week where im playing La Grima and Leo Brouwer Etude 5. both are fairly simple, and I *could* play more complex music, but I wouldnt do it well. and the point of a recital is to play the piece as close to correctly as you humanly can - and by this I mean the notes are played and timed properly and such... im not saying dont **** up (but if you do try your damndest to not go back and fix it and instead keep chugging away at the piece like the mistake didnt happen, your teacher will be proud of you for doing that and the audience wont know)

if your learning it in school, when your in front of your teacher the slightest mistake makes a difference. pick a piece you REALLY CAN play, and in fact, have already played before. my teacher doesnt even let me learn new songs for recitals - as recitals are SHOWS and for polished material. do something youve learned in class...

and if you havent learned anything get ahold of your teacher and ask him rather than people on the interwebs who have no idea what kind of skill level your at - you and your teacher know your skills better than anyone else probably
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Nov 13, 2011,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCt6PznJAI

You might be able to manage this piece, it was the first piece I learned. However, you should consult your teacher with this. (S)he will know what you are ready to learn and/or capable of learning.

As a side note, the idea of looking "pathetic" should be ignored. People who don't play are easily impressed and people who do play understand that learning an instrument is a process, that is best not rushed. You should be focusing on the music itself instead of worrying about other people's opinions. This doesn't include constructive criticism, which, is vital to getting better.
ten words - if i get my harmonics perfect i might attempt..

@ spiroth - i don't learn electric guitar in school, and so far there's no song i learned there aside from taylor swift chords, and only classical there..

@ nacho - ehh electric guitar.. i don't want to study classical, i have 0 motivation. and by pathetic i mean well below what im capable of, i don't aim to rush, i just what to be able to play the best i can, and i do also care about what others think hahhaha
Quote by luxeion
BEATLES - uhh. i really dont like the band.
BLACK LABEL - I can't move my fingers that fast!! I'm still beginning, lol. I can't solo quickly.

Sounds cute
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer