I have some bad pics attached, they dont do the guitar justice at all, and I'll try to get some better ones up soon if i can borrow a camera from someone - http://imgur.com/a/F2GNn <- PICS

I really really never liked goldtops, but honestly, its pretty awesome against the natural mahogany grain thats just clear gloss coated on the back and neck. a bit heavy, but wow. I meant to go buy a cordoba c10, but they didnt have one in stock, and I ended up falling in love with this thing.

anyway, the thing was used I paid $850 (tax and case included). it was in a music store, so it probably wasnt the ebay rate, but I got to try it, and the guys there always do a great job and in my area, do jobs nobody else will.

its got two of the covered carvin humbuckers which im not yet sure if I like. both are split at a push pull pot on the tone, a wilkinson trem, sperzel locking tuners and a 3 way switch. abalone dots on an ebony fretboard, matching gold headstock with gold carvin logo and black truss rod cover, and the whole back of the guitar is just straight natural mahogany (and its pretty beautiful mahogany as well), you can clearly see it is a 2 piece body. cap is maple, you can see that its pretty thick on the sides since only the top is finished. the mahogany-maple-gold layering scheme really is pretty sexy, and usually I hate goldtops.

the pics hardly do it justice really - i have no camera so I took some up with a webcam on my laptop - it was VERY hard as this thing is pretty heavy and I had to use the mouse with one hand, so appreciate what I could do :P.

Ive barely touched the thing since I got it and im loving it more and more. its really one of the finest crafted guitars I ever owned. very nice fretwork, very smooth feeling guitar, and pretty much everything is as close to perfect as an instrument can get really. the neck pocket and angle are good, everything seems very solid, more so in fact than much more expensive guitars Ive owned from bigger names. very rich sounding, oomph in the lows, singing highs and a good midrange. I had a less paul studio once that didnt have half the build quality, a third of the beauty, or a fourth of the tone this thing has. unplugged it sounds surprisingly good, and it sounds great plugged in, but im not sure if I like carvins pickups or not, and I might swap them. it beats the rg770dx I had pretty much all out as well.

with the split humbuckers, its a very versatile guitar. I feel like if you had the rig for it, you could probably get a very good tone for any genre with it. its never going to be a strat, but you get many sounds in one package. I could easily use it for jazz, blues, country, any type of rock/metal... pretty much anything really, unless you absolutely need a strat or a tele, or some other specific character guitar.

its not quite a les paul or a paul reed smith (although it might sound more like one with the same pickups? idk, im pretty sure the basic idea is pretty close). except i think its full scale and not short like gibson uses.

i really dont know what more you could ask for. if I had it built it probably wouldnt be a goldtop and it probably would have been string through body, but hey, its a great guitar, and maybe it wouldnt be half what it is otherwise. (actually it probably would be, word has it these are pretty good guitars, so Id like to think this one wasnt a fluke haha).

If I have any question its why I didnt try to get one of these sooner. even if i decide to change the pickups, theres nothing wrong with anything about this guitar (except that I havent set everything up perfect yet as far as how I want it). Ive barely touched it other than restringing with .11s and a truss rod adjustment for the new string gauge, but I cant possibly see what else they couldve done to make it a better instrument bar adding more frilly things like binding. its not a fender or a gibson, but its probably just as nice as a vintage one of those was when it was first built honestly.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Carvins are great instruments. HNGD! Enjoy it for a very long time!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
nice!!

How did you take pics?

HNGD
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
hgnad killer looking guitar but the neck is too thick for my taste
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
HNGD!!

Carvin makes a damn fine guitar. I've had my CT624 almost a year now, and I'm seriously considering getting another one. I hope yours plays as nicely as mine, because it's the best guitar I've ever played.

Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes

fixt
nice shirt.
wrong section but don't worry we'll appreciate your rad guitar before the schecter hellraiser lovers in EG start saying its not as good as a hellraiser
Never seen a Carvin in that finish. It's beautiful. Thank you for giving me GAS again...
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Congrats. I got my Carvin TL-60 for $600 used. I bet you'll keep this guitar forever.
Carvin TL60
Ibanez RG370DXL
TheSyle Velcro Fuzz
Line 6 HD500
Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube

---------
Close your eyes, shut out the world, and you will understand. Post-rock/shoegaze/ambient.

Blue Skies and Paign

Like our facebook page!
haha sorry if its in the wrong section, and I dount a hellraiser is better. at best its just a different guitar - no doubt schecters are nice guitars, but this thing is great.

I used my laptop webcam for pics, and she does play like a dream, even set up with .11s.

my one question about it is if I can float the wilkinson bridge the same way as a strat trem (by letting it sit forward/loosening the spring tension) or if its supposed to stay parallel to the body like a floyd.

either way though I probably will hold on to her, the most I ever might do is mod it out and change the pickups, but the carvin pickups arent bad, im just not sure the S22J covered pickups are to my taste or not.

anyone know if they're ceramic or alnico?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
oh wow, that's awesome

Quote by coolstoryangus

nice shirt.
wrong section but don't worry we'll appreciate your rad guitar before the schecter hellraiser lovers in EG start saying its not as good as a hellraiser

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNGD! Looks awesome
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
Quote by spiroth10
either way though I probably will hold on to her, the most I ever might do is mod it out and change the pickups, but the carvin pickups arent bad, im just not sure the S22J covered pickups are to my taste or not.

anyone know if they're ceramic or alnico?

Those pickups are Alnico 5. HERE is a link with some specs for carvin's pickups.

Very nice guitar, I was going to order a CT6 before I found my PRS.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Give the Carvin pups a chance so play 'em for a while. I have Carvin pups on all 3 of my guitars but two are Carvin haha.

Congrats on your acquisition.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Just because they copied PRS, im wishing the worst NGD ever.

yeah, it's a good job PRSes aren't based on earlier guitars at all

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?