My current rig is basically:

Gibson SG std -74 -> Ibanez TS9 -> Orange Rocerverb 50 w/ Orange 2x12 CB

I use medium-gain settings on the OD channel of my rockerverb and i use the TS9 to boost it towards higher gain so i can get that heavy palmmuting sound. I'm overall very satisfied with my tone and sound, it's just that the TS9 cuts abit too much low-end for my taste.

In a band situation it doesn't really matter, but when i play at home i just can't get over it.

So i am looking for a new OD pedal that wont cut as much low as the TS9, i have been looking at the green rhino that has a 100hz -12/+12 knob, good idea ?

Suggestions please
what are your settings on the TS9?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
I'm no pedalhead, but i've heard the green rhino is incredible
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by vismbr

try put the drive to 0, the level to max and tone to taste ( as everyone says )

I would do the high-gain settings on the amp

If the rockerverb is anything like the Thunder 30 i tried, i would set gain to 6-7 and volume around 2

you can always experiment!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by vismbr
So i am looking for a new OD pedal that wont cut as much low as the TS9, i have been looking at the green rhino that has a 100hz -12/+12 knob, good idea ?

The green rhino is pretty much a TS9. But with more control. So if you like the TS except for the bass cut than maybe the green rhino will be good for you.
The bad monkey is a cheaper option. Which also has a bass control
If you don't like the mid boost of the TS, as well as the bass cut, you could go for a more transparent overdrive. Do you like the mid boost?
RIP Gooze

cats
check out the catalinbread silver kiss if you can find one. tubescreamer with a three band eq.

or a cmatmods super signa drive might be cheaper. dunno what the silver kiss goes for these days.
i have the green rhino, its the best overdrive that i've used. i recommend it
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
actually, come to think of it, my signa drive (standard) doesn't really cut any bass.

actually ts, just get your tubescreamer modded. you can even get a switch to switch it between low cut and low pass.
Replacing the 0.047uF capacitor with a 0.1uF one will reduce the bass cut substantially without getting muddy. Lot cheaper than buying a new pedal.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Replacing the 0.047uF capacitor with a 0.1uF one will reduce the bass cut substantially without getting muddy. Lot cheaper than buying a new pedal.

This might be a good idea?

Is there any tutorial for this? Replacing the capacitor isn't the problem, the problem is finding the right one, i'm not used to electric schematics.
Quote by greeny23
the **** is that?

Overpriced metal box?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The Green Rhino is one of the best ODs there is IMO. I also like the Hardwire CM-2.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.