hi guys,

im trying to decide whether to get the Jet City Amps JCA5212RC (with reverb) or Jet City Amps JCA50H amp head (no reverb).

i have found a place where i can get the head and a cab for cheaper than the combo but the head doesnt have reverb, and the problem is that i cant stand dry tones. so my question is:

can i use the reverb on my zoom g3 directly into the input and i sounds good or would i have to buy a reverb pedal and put it into the effects loop for it to sound good. (im not willing to put the g3 into the effects loop because i use it for other stuff to that should be used before the amp in the signal chain).

if i cant use the g3 then is it worth getting a pedal or should i just get the combo. (id rather the combo but the head is a lot cheaper, including the cab)

if the head is preferred, can you suggest any good reverb pedal i could get (budget: $60-$90)?

sorry for the overload of questions and thanks in advance.
well, you could get the digitech hardwire reverb which is good for that much. the malekko spring chicklet should be around 120 ish. if you want something that can satisfy all your reverb needs the WET is a great reverb, but it's around double your maximum budget.

with reverb i'd go for something higher range, bad reverb will make your sound muddy and you're better off without reverb. i'm going to suggest raising your funds and getting a good reverb, it's better off in the long run
Quote by stykerwolf
well, you could get the digitech hardwire reverb which is good for that much. the malekko spring chicklet should be around 120 ish. if you want something that can satisfy all your reverb needs the WET is a great reverb, but it's around double your maximum budget.

with reverb i'd go for something higher range, bad reverb will make your sound muddy and you're better off without reverb. i'm going to suggest raising your funds and getting a good reverb, it's better off in the long run

would the zoom work? and is buying a reverb worth it or should i get the combo?
how much cheaper is head+cab in comparison then the combo, if it is under 50 i think you could go for the combo
Quote by Leon987
how much cheaper is head+cab in comparison then the combo, if it is under 50 i think you could go for the combo

about $75, the also a 100w head with jet city 4x12" speakers for the same price, but even on lowest volume thats too loud for home use and to big to take in my car for gigs. and how expensive the customs would be (cause its abroad) are scares the shit out of me. so the 100w isnt an option (even though it would be quite cool).

ill probably get the combo.

edit, just found the combo in the uk for £500 in a shop (andertons) it used to be a floor model but its in great condition. problem is the customs again this time though. ill see if i can hide it when i go for christmas or something. how much do you think the customs would be?
Last edited by itamar100 at Nov 13, 2011,