I'm getting my second guitar in a second hand site and I'd like to know, which rank would you give to the folowing guitars: (All guitars are Epiphone Les Paul)

Custom (Alpine White)
Black Beauty 3
Studio II (Cherry Worn) [With EMG 81/85]

Give me your honest opinion and Pro's and Con's if you wish.
Custom= to much $$ for what your actually getting (a LP Standard is cheaper and the same guitar with out all the bling and gold.
BB LP= Ugly as hell and again over priced for what it is.
Studio=Cheap, some are pretty nice, others are not that nice.

Honestly I would not get any of those I'd go with a Standard, or a standard plus top.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
black beauty would be my preference
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Custom= to much $$ for what your actually getting (a LP Standard is cheaper and the same guitar with out all the bling and gold.
BB LP= Ugly as hell and again over priced for what it is.
Studio=Cheap, some are pretty nice, others are not that nice.

Honestly I would not get any of those I'd go with a Standard, or a standard plus top.

Even with the EMG's it still sucks?
I'd get a standard. It's not worth paying that much extra for gold hardware that tarnishes really quickly or a middle pickup that doesn't sound as good as the normal LP middle setting. Also, the neck on the Black Beauty I played was really fat. Not necessarily a bad thing, but the necks on the Standard are a fair bit slimmer and they're really comfortable. Never played a Studio but I imagine they're decent for the price
Oh wait, Standard isn't an option. If you like EMG's, get the Studio, if not I'd go for the Custom, 3 pickups on a Les Paul doesn't add alot to the guitar IMO
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Last edited by Paddy McK at Nov 13, 2011,
Black Beauty. I would rather just get an Agile AL3000
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Antoniomike7
Even with the EMG's it still sucks?

IMO yes it deff sucks with EMG's, but I don't like actives.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
think about the weight as well, a customs a bigger plank of wood than a studio.
The best Epi LP, I think, is the Les Paul Ultra-III. We sell one at my shop, and I can't keep my hands of that thing... and I'm a Strat guy.