Think I have found what I have been looking for
except the idea of not having a clean channel is its only major downside for me
i have a boss me 70, will this help in any way?
I have found one that comes with a cab for £300.00, is that good?
I need this to play gigs with my band, which our music varies from hard rock to quite heavy metal, is this what I need?
Well anyway have any of you's used them? Any experience with them?

Thanks
Irons
that should be a good amp, and not a bad deal with a cab(what type?). you will deff want to run a boost of some kind for modern metal. (Windsor is a JCM 800 clone). You can also have it modded to the same tone stack as a Plexi or JCM 800 2203.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
that should be a good amp, and not a bad deal with a cab(what type?). you will deff want to run a boost of some kind for modern metal. (Windsor is a JCM 800 clone). You can also have it modded to the same tone stack as a Plexi or JCM 800 2203.

sweet sounds great! i love the tone from JCM's, oh i have a boss me 70,will this not do?
Irons
Does it have a tubescreamer type FX?

I'm sure it will work for you.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeh for the money they're quite nice- as stated, marshally type amps.

not much in teh way of cleans, though.

boost wouldn't hurt. i guess try your multifx and see if that works. if it does, sweet, if not, pick up a joyo od or something like that (tubescreamer clone for like £25-£30).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if i turn the gain way down on this to get a clean tone, and run my boss me 70 through it to switch to metal, what will this sound like? cause i need a clean tone and a metal tone.
Irons
I own a Windsor half-stack and all the reviews on them are positive. However, I've heard many (unwarranted?) comments about them on forums such as these, one guy called it a POS as far as build quality is concerned. I've also heard people slam the cabinet. This should be quite obvious anyway, realtively speaking - how else would they be able to sell the damn thing for around $400 USD otherwise?

This being said, IMHO, I think it sounds damn good for some types of music - it will not clean all the way up like my SuperReverb, but then that's why I have both.

Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV2oeMLKPwQ

This guy reviews a lot of gear for GuitarWorld mag, so he probably has some credibility, but the audio quality on youtube ain't all that great. You can still get some ideas about settings and such
Last edited by mrbreeze317 at Nov 17, 2011,
Quote by ethanwhufc
if i turn the gain way down on this to get a clean tone, and run my boss me 70 through it to switch to metal, what will this sound like? cause i need a clean tone and a metal tone.

if you ask me, that's teh wrong way round to do it, you're not making use of its strengths. the windsor is built for dirt, run it dirty (or at least semi-dirty), hit it with a boost/od for heavier stuff, and roll off the guitar volume for cleans.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love mine. It will clean up alright, cut back on the gain and roll your guitar volume back and it's passable. Like mrbreeze said, it's not fendery clean but like him, that's why I have both as well. It does take pedals pretty well also. There's quite a bit of gain but it's not for metal (at least not by itself). Perfect for most 80's rock though. Also, it's actually not a JCM800 clone. It's just Peavey's British voiced amp. Although it does sound pretty close to the 800 and I think is relatively easily modified into one. Also you could look at having a clean channel modded into it. FJA Mods here does some great mods for the Windsor (although they're a little pricey) but I don't know of anywhere in Europe that does it off hand, might want to ask around a little.
Quote by ethanwhufc

What Dave said. Don't do this.

IMO, you should sell the Boss and get a 2 channel amp, as it sounds like that's what you really need.

Or sell the Boss and get a Boss GT with amp modeling that you can use for a clean tone through the FX loop.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Or sell the Boss and get a Boss GT with amp modeling that you can use for a clean tone through the FX loop.

I never gave this a thought but now I'm anxious to try it - amost a "well, DUH!" kind of thing

I've read about these electronic eggheads pulling up the schematics and figuring out stuff they could replace or bypass or modify, but using a processor seems like a much simpler solution.
The Boss GT was off the top of my head. If you do plan to use amp modeling from a pedal, get a Line 6 POD HD. They have the best amp modeling out right now (for the price range).

I know a lot of bands do that live.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've modified quite a few of these things. They aren't bad amps especially for the price. A lot of people complain about the lack of cleans and fizz.

You can put a lower gain preamp tube in there and that will help with the cleans a little. To get better cleans you will need to modify it.