I've been learning the tapping part at the beginning of Building The Church by Steve Vai. He plays it with his left hand over the neck, however I've been doing it like you would play a regular guitar. Is there any purpose for his having his arm over the neck? Or does it really matter
As long as you get a good sound of it, it doesn't really matter how you do it IMO.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
I play it as he does it, it's super handy to have the palm of your left hand muting the strings behind.
Quote by theunforgivn
I've been learning the tapping part at the beginning of Building The Church by Steve Vai. He plays it with his left hand over the neck, however I've been doing it like you would play a regular guitar. Is there any purpose for his having his arm over the neck? Or does it really matter

Tried it too, turn the gain up and you will see how dirty it sounds..
makes the 2nd solo with all the tapping pretty friggin hard..

but if you are a monster and can mute with your left index finger while tapping with 2-3-4 fgo with it..
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Last edited by Slashiepie at Nov 14, 2011,