I am looking to get a new fuzz or distortion pedal, but I need some advice on where to start. I am looking to get a classic rock sort of sound (think Jimmy Page sort of sound). Something along those lines. Also, I play a strat. What do you guys recommend just to give me a starting point?

Try to swim without getting wet - I dare you.
Last edited by Jetblack101 at Nov 13, 2011,
Vox Tonebender and some humbuckers or a Tele.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
What amp are you using?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Oh, sorry forgot to mention that. A Fender Hot Rod Deville 212.

Try to swim without getting wet - I dare you.
Quote by Jetblack101
Oh, sorry forgot to mention that. A Fender Hot Rod Deville 212.

Rothwell has some nice overdrives/distortions that can get you Marshally tone. Fuzzes I would look at Blackout Effectors or get a Big Muff.
A Boss BD-2 might get you in the right ballpark, but maybe look at swapping out your bridge pickup for something meatier
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Earth Quaker devices hoof fuzz. Made to get that late 60's tones. Will sound mint with a deville
love my MXR Distortion+
Guitars:
FENDER Sugar Rush, Scala-Caster Strat
KRAMER Striker600ST (from 86)

Amps:
MARSHALL Haze 40

Pedals:
Rocktron Banshee 2 Talkbox
Boss MD2
Crybaby
Visual Sound Tremolo
FAB Chorus
I'm looking at the Rothwell Heartbreaker, for Zep/Classic Rock, and some higher gain stuff. Looks great. Check out the Rothwell Hellbender. PGS does a Zep Tribute with it through a Fender DRRI, its on Youtube.