Okay guys, I have a problem. I'm wanting another Mockingbird, but B.C Rich has put out a lot of nice Mockingbirds lately that I don't know which one to choose. Plus, I don't know which one would suit my playing needs because they all have different pickups and I have no experience with any of the pickups on the guitars. My current Mockingbird suits my playing needs such as rock, soft rock, and some country. But I do play a lot heavier stuff like Volbeat, Drowning Pool, and All That remains. My current Mock' really doesn't play the heavier stuff well. So I'm coming to you guys to help me with my choices.

Current amp, Peavey XXL head w/ Peavey Valveking 4x12 cab.

B.C Rich Mockingbird Pro X
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-pro-x-mockingbird-hardtail/h73608000001000

B.C Rich Mockingbird Special X Amber quilt.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-special-x-mockingbird-electric-guitar

B.C Rich Mockingbird Archtop Antique worn.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-mockingbird-archtop-electric-guitar/584452000643074

Thanks for any help guys.
Last edited by Platinum Pro at Nov 13, 2011,
Amp?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
the special x has lower output pickups, so i'd probably avoid that one for what you want.

i haven't tried any of them, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, the first one with EMGs would probably suit you well as a lot of people consider them the "standard" for metal pickups. But the third one with Rockfields would probably work too. The only turn off for the first one for me though is the association with Black Veil Brides...stupid i know but i refuse to support them.
i'd try to find one of the older Czech made mockingbirds used. really nice guitars.
Quote by shecter guy
Well, the first one with EMGs would probably suit you well as a lot of people consider them the "standard" for metal pickups. But the third one with Rockfields would probably work too. The only turn off for the first one for me though is the association with Black Veil Brides...stupid i know but i refuse to support them.

I clicked the link and didn't see anything about Black Veil Brides. What are you talking about?
Well i say that because it the model i know the guitarists use a lot, especially for videos and photo shoots. I've seen a lot of live videos of them using as well. Not like a sig model or anything. I'm sure it's a great guitar, just annoys me that they use it. Just a personal thing really.

EDIT: and i know buying the guitar isn't supporting them...just don't like the connection because i know it's there. Stupid i know, but it still bothers me. Shouldn't affect TS decision in buying the guitar or not. Just to clarify.
Last edited by shecter guy at Nov 13, 2011,
Quote by monwobobbo
i'd try to find one of the older Czech made mockingbirds used. really nice guitars.

+1, i have one

if you're very lucky, you might even find a new old stock one- that's what i did (though admittedly that was a year or two ago, and even then i thought i was pretty lucky to find it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you might want to check out the Burny MG series hide models. the burny mg 120x is particularly badass looking.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1