Page 1 of 2
I'm talking about the Aerosmiths, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Guns N Roses of tomorrow.

Cuz I don't see them.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012

EDIT: Bon Jovi were the highest earning touring band of 2010. Total profit takings of £130 million/$210 million.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Nov 13, 2011,
Quote by due 07
Coldplay, Radiohead, Muse, and Foo Fighters.

Meh, probably this if anything. But the music industry is obviously changing, and I don't think we're really gonna have/need any bands that play the same roles as the ones in the first post any more.

EDIT: didn't even realize who I just quoted
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by WCPhils
A7x

lol

no.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Arcade Fire as well. Not arena rock, but still selling out huge venues. Agree wholeheartedly with Muse, Foo Fighters, Radiohead. MMJ? Perhaps. It's hard to tell, except retroactively.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by Burgery
lol

no.

Why not? They kinda fit the role. They are a good band, but aren't great or really change music. And they have a gigantic fan base. Doesn't seem very different fro the bands TS posted.

Quote by neidnarb11890
Green Day.

Deal with it.

Hell Yes!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
My BIG BANDS currently are: MGMT, Flaming Lips, Radiohead, Queens of The Stone Age, Chili Peppers (Frusciante), Mars Volta. (Kinda love Animal Collective, Psychic Ills, Myrrors, QMS, etc)
Yeah, I'm really into psychedelic/hardrock stuff

But ofc you're talking bout mainstream success.. Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Muse (huge winner cause of Twilight and that sucky new album), Arctic Monkeys.
The problem with your question is: we shall only know when we're 20-30 years from now and can conclude who's still standing / who's still famous, like we do know to say THOSE bands are the shit of their time.

FUN FACT: I read the topic as "who is today's big Hands"!! [/lamejoke]
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Deaf Havana
This new album they've released is ****ing amazing

obviously wont be as big as those bands, but still, theyre amazing
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Last edited by ilovepepsi at Nov 13, 2011,
Quote by due 07
Coldplay, Radiohead, Muse, and Foo Fighters.

Haven't made a good album for 3, 4, 5, and 6 years, respectively.
For me it'll be:
Green Day, Slipknot, My Chem. (modern)

and

Talking Heads, Joe Pass, (old)

But that's just a personal thing and is relative to my listening atm.
Kings of Leon, Rise Against, All American Rejects, Muse, Green Day
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by blue_strat

Radiohead's the only one of those four I really like, but they released a good album this year.
Radiohead? Foo Fighters? I don't think it makes sense to call them the bands of tomorrow when they've been around since the 90's (****, Radiohead formed in 1985, pretty much the same time as GnR)

Other than to complain about that, I have nothing worthwhile to contribute. I find discovering hidden gems from the past more rewarding.
So.... It looks like UG doesn't really believe in Daylight Savings time??
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by due 07
Radiohead's the only one of those four I really like, but they released a good album this year.

Maybe you could review it for Amplified

The issue is back on track.
Quote by Cavalcade
Blut Aus NordAlter Bridge.

Not if Slash keeps whisking Myles away to sing on his solo albums. Unfortunately.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by blue_strat
Maybe you could review it for Amplified

The issue is back on track.

Oh! Can we review old albums, such as my beloved Talking Heads?
Quote by blue_strat

It's not really fair to write off "The Resistance", "King of Limbs", and "Wasting Light" as bad albums. They've all got their fan base.

That being said, I hated Resistance, was indifferent to Wasting Light, and have never listened to Coldplay in my life. King of Limbs blew my mind, though.
Quote by due 07

tbh,I thought KoL quite sucked until I heard the "Live from the Basement" version. The album was too artificial, too clean. The live versions sounded way more organic and emotional.

I think Nick Cave will be a legend when he stops performing/dies, but he goes a long way too... Tame Impala could be a band of tomorrow though
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Mastodon.

I they are the last truly (im sorry for the use of the word) epic band.
█████████████████████████
+1 to Muse and Foos. RHCP were good but haven't made a decent album in a while.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
Page 1 of 2