Heading out on a road trip and found a used 4x12 cab on Kijiji, but I'm not sure that it will fit in the trunk or back seat of a 4 door civic (2005 or 2006). Anyone know if it will fit or not?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
If the back seat will lay down into the trunk I would wager yes.

Get the dimensions online and measure your tunk
/rig
Well if it was a cardboard box, I know it'd fit the trunk, but I'm pretty sure the Mesa wouldn't be nearly as flexible!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by megaluisdeth
My friend used to put his line6 half stack in his 97 Acura Integra.
Would have done better on the roof. Unlatched. Transported on the Interstate going 85mph. You'd get it to your destination in much better condition.

Anyway, I drive a Mazda Protege5 and I am able to transport not just my stack but my pedalboard and 2 guitars. No backseats, though.

And this retard actually had the nerve to say that a half stack "can't fit into anything smaller than a pickup or a minivan": http://www.wikihow.com/Choose-a-Guitar-Amplifier-for-Rock-Music Oh yeah, I still have my hearing, and I don't use earplugs when I play my amp. Volume knobs do great things.
My girlfriend drove an '07 Civic 2 door, I couldn't imagine fitting a cab in that thing. The back seat should fold down, though it's a bitch to do since the latch is located inside the truck on the back of the seat. If you can get the seat down you should be able to fit the cab.

We literally fit an entire band into a Crown Vic once. 2 fullsize halfstacks, a bass combo, a Dean case (these are MASSIVE), Flying V case, and an Iceman, Washburn Bass, and a complete drumset. And 4 big guys. Sure you couldn't see out the back window and the front passenger (me) had a bass drum to keep him warm, but you gotta do what'cha gotta do sometimes.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Well in case anyone else needs to know in the future, in a 4 door 2006/2007 civic, the 4x12 cab will fit in the trunk Had to put the casters pointing to the side. Could have removed them and it would have fit straight in with the slant side first. The guy I bought it from didn't think it would fit, but the civic had room to spare
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I can fit my Mesa 4 x 12 in the back of my VW jetta
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Sell your amp, sell your car.

Get the Volkswagen with the built in First Act amp.

Toanz for dayz
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I got a truck.

But..I have had a 4x12 in the back of a 1980 Toyota Tercel.
And a pedal board.
It ain't easy though.
Put passenger seat all the way forward, or backward if it lays flat.

And NOT on the roof of your car, unless it has a VERY STURDY roof rack.
And lots of tie downs.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Nov 15, 2011,
the first thing is that i drive a Pontiac Trans-Am WS6, i built the motor put a 9" rear on it insane clutch, and drag suspenion, . and it runs in the mid-low 12's, not at all handeling equipment friendly. every time i bring a tube head in there i practically freak out because of how rough the car rides.

enough on that, its not an auto forum.

what i have found that fixed my issues however is the Orange PPC212OB, i can fit one of those, a head, two guitars and a pedal board in my car. if i really needed to i could maybe haul my second 212OB in addition to that, but that would be hard.

those cabs are really friendly because they are narrower than a 4x12 and just a little bit taller than a traditional horizontal 2x12".

i dont know what sound you are going for, but even if it was more for hauling gear to practice, the convience is worth it. if i didn't have that cab, i would have to take another vehicle to fit my cabinet in.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Uhhh guys, I was the TS and said that when I did try, I got it to fit. Case closed!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
i doubt it
my cab fits perfectly in my ford fortuner though
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
You are correct, it was my experiments in large scale quantum teleportation that allowed me to transport the 4x12 cab 430km. It was not due to the fact that the cab would fit in the trunk of a civic.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Just yesterday I traded my Mesa 4x12 and we were able to fit the cab in the trunk of a Toyota Corolla.

(P.S. I wonder what happened to my signature.....)