Page 1 of 6
Which albums from our era do you think will be looked back upon as big important albums from their time, in the same way something like 'are you experienced?' or 'sgt peppers' or even 'nevermind' by Nirvana are looked back upon as important albums of their time?
Elephant - The White Stripes
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

easy peasy thread
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Linkin Park's albums

Not a huge fan of them but they will be remembered for their albums BEFORE the Transformers Movies.
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Nov 13, 2011,

And this won't be but it should because it is absolutely brilliant.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Nov 13, 2011,
Quote by lushacrous

easy peasy thread

I was going to say that, although I haven't actually heard it in full. I just know everyone talks about it like it's one of those really important albums.
Quote by lushacrous

easy peasy thread

Came to post this. And whether you guys like it or not, Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster will be looked back on with fond memories.
Quote by Zoot Allures
big important albums from their time

And you guys are posting Radiohead and Kanye.
Quote by Holy Katana
I was going to say that, although I haven't actually heard it in full. I just know everyone talks about it like it's one of those really important albums.

Listen it from start to finish naow. I can't describe how or why, but it's just basically exactly what an album should be. My best friend bought it over Christmas break last year and hasn't taken it out of his car yet.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Actually, I'd say all of Kanye's albums. I'd also say Them Crooked Vultures could probably be seen as one of this generations great albums, maybe 1 of QOTSA's albums too
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Linkin park - Hybrid theory. Honestly will be the only album remembered, because at the time it was unbelievably unique
Songs for the Deaf, Them Crooked Vultures, The Final Frontier(moreso due to fanbase:P), Demon Days...
Plenty more I'm sure, just can't think right now.
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Quote by lushacrous
Listen it from start to finish naow. I can't describe how or why, but it's just basically exactly what an album should be. My best friend bought it over Christmas break last year and hasn't taken it out of his car yet.

+1

It's like the last 40 years of pop music all happened to set the stage for MBDTF, and now nothing will ever be the same.
Oh and In Rainbows - Radiohead

Despite the fact it's my personal favourite of Radiohead's records, the way it was marketed and initially distributed (pay how much you want for it) was revolutionary and will be remembered for that if nothing else.

It's also a fucking masterpiece.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by due 07
+1

It's like the last 40 years of pop music all happened to set the stage for MBDTF, and now nothing will ever be the same.

I almost don't want Kanye to release his follow up because I honestly can't see it being any better

EDIT: Let me also throw in that this album single-handily got me back into hip hop.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Last edited by lushacrous at Nov 13, 2011,
Nightmare - Avenged Sevenfold
American Idiot - Green Day
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Songs for the Deaf, Lateralus, Thirteenth Step (ok maybe not but I've been listening to it all day)
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
BTBAM's Colors somehow crossed into the mainstream press for a while, and it's regarded as an excellent album by many critics who write metal off.

I think Periphery's debut will probably be remembered, if only because Bulb has spawned a million shitty Meshuggah imitators.

I hope Fear of a Blank Planet is remembered, if only because Steve Wilson is proof that you can still write prog that is accessible to mainstream audiences without sacrificing any innovation.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by lushacrous
I almost don't want Kanye to release his follow up because I honestly can't see it being any better

Burial - Untrue
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
Kanye West - The College Dropout
Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me

EDIT: Damn you, Duffman!
Quote by due 07

I never even listened to it just because I knew

But yeah, I guess it'll lessen the blow
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Lulu.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by seeneyj
Nightmare - Avenged Sevenfold
American Idiot - Green Day

This guy knows what's up.

Also what Das Skittles said.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by lushacrous
I never even listened to it just because I knew

But yeah, I guess it'll lessen the blow

It's not bad by any measure, but it's not jascmkjsvndfjvhndsjvngdjvs good.
I dare say The Eminem Show will be remembered for a while too, come to think of it.

- Rene Magritte
Some of the older albums of this century have already started to achieve that sort of recognition (Songs for the Deaf, Origin of Symmetry etc...) but I'd really like a few newer albums to get that too, especially Porcupine Tree's 2007 album Fear of a Blank Planet. Also, one of Opeth's albums, Damnation or Watershed?

EDIT: I could also list numerous other more unknown albums that I think should get that status but probably won't
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Nov 13, 2011,
Quote by behind_you
Linkin Park's albums

Not a huge fan of them but they will be remembered for their albums BEFORE the Transformers Movies.

Bullshit.

They'll be forgotten as soon as the break up. I hope it happens soon.
Quote by lushacrous

When I'm done listening to Neurosis.

EDIT: The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place, which unfortunately spawned a million Explosions in the Sky ripoff bands. But I think it was one of the first post-rock albums to become really notable.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Nov 13, 2011,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
And you guys are posting Radiohead and Kanye.

Nobody seems to understand the point of the thread.

It's not 'post some albums you like.'