Page 1 of 2
I wanna mod out the bridge pickup on my Jackson KE3 so that it's crazy hot. I wanna get as much gain as I possibly can out of this thing. It's a Duncan Design pickup.
What I'm wondering is how hot I can make this thing and how I'd go about doing it.
I wanna keep this thing passive.
strat single coils
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
glue another pickup on top of your pickup.

then glue another one on top of that.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Just replace it, you cant really mod a pickup. And if you wanna stay passive, the Seymour Duncan Invader might be a good choice for you.
Add an EMG afterburner and then raise the pickup height right up until it starts to screw with your sustain.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
three dimebuckers wired in series.

firrrrrreeee
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by TheMetalRiffer
I wanna mod out the bridge pickup on my Jackson KE3 so that it's crazy hot. I wanna get as much gain as I possibly can out of this thing. It's a Duncan Design pickup.
What I'm wondering is how hot I can make this thing and how I'd go about doing it.

pickups have output but not gain just so you know. just out of curiosity what exactly are you trying to do?
I would say just get a ****ing boost.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by TheMetalRiffer

I just have to say it...

"What amp?"
Quote by Sputnik1
I just have to say it...

"What amp?"

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeah I saw that. He must be trying to play Metallica.
Quote by Quinlan
Add an EMG afterburner and then raise the pickup height right up until it starts to screw with your sustain.

i had the EMG afterburner in a jackson. i didn't really care for it. although you will get a shit ton of output, most of it just turned into more hissing and feedback (as expected), didn't really do it for me.

i also had an X2N at one point, and they are terrible insane output, but it sounds terrible.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
step 1....... 3,000 more winds
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Kent Armstrong Motherbucker, 28.5k output. Beat that.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
Someday more people are gonna figure out that low/medium-output pickups + boost + GOOD amp = bitchin' high gain tone. I don't understand this whole contest thing where whoever has the pickup with the highest output wins a gold star or something.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Quote by lifesglorydead
Someday more people are gonna figure out that low/medium-output pickups + boost + GOOD amp = bitchin' high gain tone. I don't understand this whole contest thing where whoever has the pickup with the highest output wins a gold star or something.

lol boosts are solid state.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
lol boosts are solid state.

eww thats gross!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
My Manlius is 26k.

Win.

Well ****.

Does it sound GOOD though? 26k isn't exactly stable territory.
Quote by Kikuta
Well ****.

Does it sound GOOD though? 26k isn't exactly stable territory.

I like it's alright that being said I still want a Crunchlab/Air Norton I think it's called?

The harmonics are so extremely prominent, it's cool for the grindy things I like to play. The neck pickup is a little hot (lol) but pulls off the doom thing well.

Can always roll back the volume a tad too.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Obligatory tone in fingers comment.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Haha lovin the thread guys. Totally appreciate it. I'm just looking for something to boost the top end of my amp without actually having to get another pedal. Motherbucker sounds nice I must say.
It actually sounds really mean at lower tunings but gets a little muddy. That's why I want a bit of a boost.
Quote by TheMetalRiffer
It actually sounds really mean at lower tunings but gets a little muddy. That's why I want a bit of a boost.

hate to tell you this but if it gets muddy now then putting in really high output pups will just make it worse not better.
Quote by monwobobbo
hate to tell you this but if it gets muddy now then putting in really high output pups will just make it worse not better.

Pretty much. Clear, articulate tone is what you go low-output for.

The common misconception seems to be that low output = cheap pickup and high output = good pickup. That isn't how it works.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Page 1 of 2