Ok so the band i used to play for took my songs that i wrote. They took my lyrics but switched the guitar parts should i sue?
Unless you got proof you wrote it you can't do shit. Oh and it's a high school band they won't be Playing together in 6 months probably...not to mention you would spend more on court costs than you would win as they probably don't have a large revenue for you to take part of
Quote by FireHawk
you would spend more on court costs than you would win as they probably don't have a large revenue for you to take part of

This is true, but it's the principle of the matter. I say do it.
Lol, "should I sue?"

If they took your lyrics, oh well, you wrote them for the band.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Just get a lawyer to write a cease and desist letter and maybe they'll soil themselves.
Quote by neidnarb11890
This is true, but it's the principle of the matter. I say do it.

Oh, and OP: What are you? 12?
Don't go so far as to sue. Just call them out on it and let 'em know you're not cool with it. If they deny that they stole your lyrics, they'll still know that you're onto them and maybe cut the crap.
All your base are belong to us.
Just keep your songs and use them for yourself, you wrote them, you can use them. if they want to, that's their own risk they're taking
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I'll just leave these three phrases here, to help you piece together your answer.

Dave Mustaine. Metallica. Kill 'Em All.
Not necessary at all, since the band will eventually die without making any profit or achieving any notable level of fame. You could use the lyrics for your own stuff, since the band will likely not claim the lyrics as their own.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by StewieSwan
Get over it.

this, except poop on their front lawns first and then get over it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
lol
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
Quote by Picklelerner
Seriously those front page Guns N Roses columns are such a bad influence

How did you know...