i have a peavey valveking 100 and the amp head is making noise. its not just any noise though, its exactly what i am playing on the guitar. i have no idea what the problem is
Quote by Unourrit01
i have a peavey valveking 100 and the amp head is making noise. its not just any noise though, its exactly what i am playing on the guitar. i have no idea what the problem is

They are called... Notes?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
The amp, short for amplifier, "amplifies" the signal from your guitar. That's how electric guitars make noise.

Is it plugged into a cab? And I'm not asking if the sound is coming from the cab.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
yeah it is plugged into the cab but i can hear the actual amp head playing what i am playing. its like there is a speaker inside the amp head but there isnt. i have played/owned other heads before and its never done this.

i wanna say its just something vibrating on the inside but it sounds too clear to be that
Last edited by Unourrit01 at Nov 13, 2011,
Maybe...The sounds is coming out of the cab...

Drugs man. I tell ya hwat
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
...so?...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
im not sure if im being clear. if my cab was put into a room where no sound could get out, and i put my head in a room with me, my amp head would be making noise as if it had a small speaker inside of the head. there is no way it is normal
Quote by Unourrit01
im not sure if im being clear. if my cab was put into a room where no sound could get out, and i put my head in a room with me, my amp head would be making noise as if it had a small speaker inside of the head. there is no way it is normal

Ancient Aliens man...

Honestly, I don't know. I think you are hearing things or something...

Did you buy the head used? Or is it new?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Unourrit01

Whatever it is, it is clear that this behavior is not normal and should be looked at by a professional. I don't think anyone here is going to be able to help you.
its new. could it be something with the tubes? i might bump this tomorrow and see if it does it only on high gain channels and the clean or just gain.
Quote by Unourrit01
its new. could it be something with the tubes? i might bump this tomorrow and see if it does it only on high gain channels and the clean or just gain.

In no way should sound becoming out of your amp head, as if it had a speaker inside of it.

Is it brand new, like, still under warranty? If so, send it in to replace it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Why not unplug your cab and see if it still happens.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32

That is the worst suggestion.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Koshman32

Yeah, that's a really good idea. That way the head won't be making ANY noise - except for the electronics frying.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Ancient Aliens man...

Honestly, I don't know. I think you are hearing things or something...

Did you buy the head used? Or is it new?

LOL. Its always the Ancient Aliens. if it looks anything at all humanoid and its on a cave wall, of course there must have been aliens there. And now they have gotten to this guys amp too, ill be darned.