Page 4 of 108
DON'T YOU SAY THAT BEN

Your parents need to accept the fact that you're an adult taking charge of your own life. If they cannot, it is they who are being inadequate.

It's like raising a baby bird and getting pissy when he takes flight from the nest.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr
DON'T YOU SAY THAT BEN

Your parents need to accept the fact that you're an adult taking charge of your own life. If they cannot, it is they who are being inadequate.

It's like raising a baby bird and getting pissy when he takes flight from the nest.

This. You growing up and becoming your own person is a natural process and your parents are just going to have to deal with it.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I can only hope that they see it sooner rather than later.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Graar! I'm feeling in one of those bitterly misanthropic moods, but I don't know how to defuse it. I'd kill for a hug from a human being, but I just don't hug my family these days, and I left my girlfriend (again, I did the same to another girl) because I couldn't stand to be with them when I'd rather be in my room alone, with my instruments. I can see that there's a vicious cycle to this - That I'd be happy if I just stayed with someone, so I could get hugs, and balanced it out with music, but I just can't bring myself to stay in a relationship. It just seems too difficult for me, then I freak out, and spend ages alone instead. There's another girl I've got eyes for, now, but I don't want to do anything, in case I spend two months winning her affection, then I leave her 4 weeks after we start going out, so I can be alone. I'm weird, Graar!

I don't mean to ask for help or anything, I just need hugs

Pretty please?

Edit: This sounds like I'm asking for help. Maybe I should shamble over to the relationship thread at some point...
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by HeretiK538
Graar! I'm feeling in one of those bitterly misanthropic moods, but I don't know how to defuse it. I'd kill for a hug from a human being, but I just don't hug my family these days, and I left my girlfriend (again, I did the same to another girl) because I couldn't stand to be with them when I'd rather be in my room alone, with my instruments. I can see that there's a vicious cycle to this - That I'd be happy if I just stayed with someone, so I could get hugs, and balanced it out with music, but I just can't bring myself to stay in a relationship. It just seems too difficult for me, then I freak out, and spend ages alone instead. There's another girl I've got eyes for, now, but I don't want to do anything, in case I spend two months winning her affection, then I leave her 4 weeks after we start going out, so I can be alone. I'm weird, Graar!

Pretty please?

Edit: This sounds like I'm asking for help. Maybe I should shamble over to the relationship thread at some point...

Grarrr
I'd RL hug you if i could but I'd have to fly half a world probably.

No shame in asking for help, it's what this thread is for too.
Might i ask what freaks you out about relationships? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to)
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by HeretiK538

Pretty please?

Maybe you need a friend with benefits, only instead of fucking you hug each other. >_>

Seriously though, is the problem really with you or the girls you're choosing? Maybe you need to find someone who's a bit more like you, someone who needs their space but can still be there for you when you need them.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Tessalate
Grarrr
I'd RL hug you if i could but I'd have to fly half a world probably.

No shame in asking for help, it's what this thread is for too.
Might i ask what freaks you out about relationships? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to)

I think is the best thing to explore, what causes you to need so much space. Do you talk it out with the girl or do you shut yourself off? If you don't talk, you might try that next time. You'd be surprised at how clear things get when you start vocalizing them.

EDIT:^Also very good advice. I need a lot of space, personally. The one girl I was with also needed space so when one of us really needed it, we both understood.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Nov 16, 2011,
Quote by BladeSlinger
I think is the best thing to explore, what causes you to need so much space. Do you talk it out with the girl or do you shut yourself off? If you don't talk, you might try that next time. You'd be surprised at how clear things get when you start vocalizing them.

EDIT:^Also very good advice. I need a lot of space, personally. The one girl I was with also needed space so when one of us really needed it, we both understood.

And also, if talking it out is too hard, (believe me, it's hard to recognize your own faults),
try writing it out. When i write my problems down, it helps me to understand the problem which leads to solving it.

I don't go on UG for a week and there's a new thread already
I hope everyone's doing okay! I'll try to help more than I used to

Anyway, the reason I came here (I was staying away from the internet in general because I have finals soon) was because I've been feeling absolutely terrible the last few weeks both physically and mentally. I don't know why and I don't know how to express it so I'll just sit here and glare at my hands. so I guess posting here isn't really going to change anything. But I made an appointment with a counselor for tomorrow so maybe I'll be able to explain it properly then. Although I don't really know what to tell them either - every time I try to say how I feel it doesn't sound as bad as I really do feel so the few people I've told just dismissed it and said I'll get over it soon. But I haven't.

Sorry, this post was kinda pointless
cat
pointless? probably not. by typing it out and throwing it out here, it might help you feel a little bit better.

its a wise move to have made an appointment with a counselor though, that might help you. just dont hold back and try to express it in words that you feel describe it most accurately, that will give him/her a fair idea as to what is going on in your head.

Quote by guitarxo
I don't go on UG for a week and there's a new thread already
I hope everyone's doing okay! I'll try to help more than I used to

Anyway, the reason I came here (I was staying away from the internet in general because I have finals soon) was because I've been feeling absolutely terrible the last few weeks both physically and mentally. I don't know why and I don't know how to express it so I'll just sit here and glare at my hands. so I guess posting here isn't really going to change anything. But I made an appointment with a counselor for tomorrow so maybe I'll be able to explain it properly then. Although I don't really know what to tell them either - every time I try to say how I feel it doesn't sound as bad as I really do feel so the few people I've told just dismissed it and said I'll get over it soon. But I haven't.

Sorry, this post was kinda pointless

A counselor's job is to interpret what you say and explore what could be wrong. That was a very smart choice. I hope it helps.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by ChaosInside
pointless? probably not. by typing it out and throwing it out here, it might help you feel a little bit better.

its a wise move to have made an appointment with a counselor though, that might help you. just dont hold back and try to express it in words that you feel describe it most accurately, that will give him/her a fair idea as to what is going on in your head.

That's true actually, I do feel slightly better. I guess telling you guys what's happening might help more;

you know how some people get bitch rage when they're PMSing? Like that, but much more extreme and every few days for the last few months. I've never been like that before, not even while PMSing, not once. Normally I'm very nonconfrontational, I don't like telling people to stop doing things that are bothering me, but whenever I rage this like I pick on people for the smallest things and I break everything I can and scream at them and make a mess of everything, and then that doesn't make me feel any better so I just cry. Once I stop crying I can't stop for at least 2 days because I hate myself and I hate everything. Within this time everything I see just makes me cry even more. I don't want to do anything but sleep, but I can't sleep because I can't stop crying and then I wake up grumpy and tired and the rage thing starts again. After about a week I get out of this and I'm normal and pleasant for a day or so, then something will just make me start crying again and I can't stop. And the cycle continues. When I'm not crying I'm just trying to be happy, doing things that make me happy like reading and gaming and stuff and none of that makes me happy. I can't stay with anything for more than a few minutes. The only things I can do now is watch TV and study (which i guess is good but I don't know what I'll do after finals). I feel like I'm just going through the motions with everything I do except for when I get angry; that's the only time I actually feel alive. But I don't want to be angry and destructive and I feel so physically weak right now, I'm sure it's because of whatever this is.

^whatever I wrote there is much better than anything I've tried to say before. I think I'll save that in case I can't express myself properly tomorrow.

Thanks guys, it's the first time I've done so and I know it'll help because I just want to talk to someone about this who cares.
cat
How are you sleeping in general?

And is there a history of mental illness in your family? Some things might not manifest until later in life, if you had bipolar disorder for example.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Good to see this one back. Never really posted: its just nice to be able to reliably see decent people in the pit. A sacred thread that is normally spam free.

Hugs for all!

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
I haven't really thought about that...same as normal I guess? I've been waking up a lot in the middle of the night though and I've been having these disconcerting dreams that usually put me in situations where something bad happens to me/everyone hates me, if that means anything.

My grandmother's aunt has Tourettes and my cousin has schizophrenia, afaik that's all.
cat
Just noticed there's a new thread up! Good to see it back.

Hugs for all!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by guitarxo
I haven't really thought about that...same as normal I guess? I've been waking up a lot in the middle of the night though and I've been having these disconcerting dreams that usually put me in situations where something bad happens to me/everyone hates me, if that means anything.

My grandmother's aunt has Tourettes and my cousin has schizophrenia, afaik that's all.

You don't sound schizophrenic. My mom has done a lot of work that will involve mental illness and she says that schizophrenia pops up around our age, but I don't see any of the symptoms that I know of in what you said.

I mentioned sleep because I had a period of time where I was sleeping very badly and I suddenly had these huge mood swings for no reason. Almost ruined a relationship because I would randomly freak out. Got some sleeping pills and it started clearing up. If you haven't tried it, find some melatonin pills and see if those help at all. I don't know much about dream relevance. I'd mention them to the counselor though.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
You don't sound schizophrenic. My mom has done a lot of work that will involve mental illness and she says that schizophrenia pops up around our age, but I don't see any of the symptoms that I know of in what you said.

I mentioned sleep because I had a period of time where I was sleeping very badly and I suddenly had these huge mood swings for no reason. Almost ruined a relationship because I would randomly freak out. Got some sleeping pills and it started clearing up. If you haven't tried it, find some melatonin pills and see if those help at all. I don't know much about dream relevance. I'd mention them to the counselor though.

Oh ok, that's good to know. I'm tempted to google whatever this is but I don't want to make any assumptions before I see the counselor.

I actually did ruin a relationship because of this >.< I hit him with his hockey stick and broke it. I didn't know I could do that. I'm surprised he's still willing to talk to me, but for obvious reasons he called it off. I'm also surprised that I'm being so logical about this but I can see exactly why he wouldn't want to be around me anymore.

I'll try the melatonin though, and I'll tell him/her about all of this.
cat
@guitarxo, there's a lot of things you don't know that you can do.

Aight, so for every day that goes by, I'm more and more scared to loose my dad. I've talked about this before. I never thought I was special, nor that my dad actually raised my brother and I. Lots of thoughts going through my head. Who am I, what do I like, how would it be to live with two parents, why did my mum not want us there.

When people ask anything about my mum I say I don't have one and when they say "your mum" I say, don't talk about my mum. I say that she is my biological mother, yeah, but she chose herself that it wouldn't say in the papers.

I don't even know why I'm writing this shit. When I was little, I always dreamed about the day when I took my children to my mothers place. I don't dream about that no more.

**** this. Why the **** am I even writing this. Everything's fine, lots of people have worse than me. Always like that. I hate the Finnish attitude to these kind of things.

Plus, I gotta go to my cousins home on Saturday and they got a dog and I'm scared of them but I gotta go and meet my goddaughter.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Last edited by Axeaman at Nov 16, 2011,
getting it off of your mind is better than letting it build up pressure inside, thats why youre writing it down. writing things down is therapeuthical and thats what this thread is here for, right?

that other people are worse off shouldnt affect the way you feel about it, it doesnt demean the problems you have. dont worry about that part.

being around dogs might also help you get over your fear of them a bit, given that those are nice dogs of course.

Guitarxo, I can almost guarantee it's a lack of sleep. Sleep deprivation is similar to schizophrenia in terms of symptoms. Just try and get some real sleep once school allows it.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Guitarxo, sometimes it helps to have your own time to yourself. Personally I like just put some headphones on and listen to music for awhile.I just got done working in vacant by myself listening to music. It was the best I felt in long time. Try it out and see if it helps.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Nov 16, 2011,
Quote by guitarxo
Oh ok, that's good to know. I'm tempted to google whatever this is but I don't want to make any assumptions before I see the counselor.

I actually did ruin a relationship because of this >.< I hit him with his hockey stick and broke it. I didn't know I could do that. I'm surprised he's still willing to talk to me, but for obvious reasons he called it off. I'm also surprised that I'm being so logical about this but I can see exactly why he wouldn't want to be around me anymore.

I'll try the melatonin though, and I'll tell him/her about all of this.

Aww

You've been nothing but really sweet since I met you, and I can't see you as the way you described yourself. I'm so sorry whatever is happening.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Bleh, just spent 7 hours in the hospital last night cause my heart sac got all inflamed or something. Pericarditis I believe. Not a big deal, but on top of a shitty flu it just sucks and I feel like shit ! Didnt get any sleep last night so had to drag myself to class this morning. Feels bad, man.

Have a fever again today and the pain is back from the pericarditis. I HATE BEING SICK!

Quote by HeretiK538

Pretty please?

I encourage you to ask for help in the relationship thread. They are very nice people who can probably help.

We can certainly give you hugs here though if you dont want advice.

Quote by guitarxo

Sounds like heavy stress is on you right now. Try to take some time for yourself and relax, my friend.

Quote by IYanoplathizoI
Good to see this one back. Never really posted: its just nice to be able to reliably see decent people in the pit. A sacred thread that is normally spam free.

Hugs for all!

Hugs!
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by HeretiK538

Pretty please?

You have step out of your shell if you want get anywhere. You can't stay locked up in your room forever. You will miss a look of great things. 6 o clock mountain morning is something you can't beat. I want to give you some simple advice. Find happiness in your self before going for a relationship. It will make easier to know your feelings for someone. You will be able gauge how you feel because you won't feel you need them. I will say the first 2 months you shouldn't feel you need them. The 3 month is when you kinda of started breaking each other in. 6 months is a good breaking point. If you can get pass that then you will be fine. Here is the thing. You shouldn't worry about that yet. You need focus on breaking out of your shell and meeting a lot of people. Find people who you can rely on and that can rely on you. A good core of friends is just as important as a good woman. Get out there and start talking to people.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bleh, just spent 7 hours in the hospital last night cause my heart sac got all inflamed or something. Pericarditis I believe. Not a big deal, but on top of a shitty flu it just sucks and I feel like shit ! Didnt get any sleep last night so had to drag myself to class this morning. Feels bad, man.

Have a fever again today and the pain is back from the pericarditis. I HATE BEING SICK!

Ugh shit, that sounds horrible Hope you get better real quick

Well my ****ing stupid cat lost a kid (or hid it). It's a newborn, 3 or 4 days old. Can't take care of itself. We've literally looked everywhere. I ****ing hate that cat now.
Thanks for all the advice and hugs everyone

Quote by ali.guitarkid7

Well my ****ing stupid cat lost a kid (or hid it). It's a newborn, 3 or 4 days old. Can't take care of itself. We've literally looked everywhere. I ****ing hate that cat now.

Your cat probably hid it. My grandma's cats hide all their kittens from us for at least a few weeks even though they're used to us and they have no reason to be afraid of us. Protective instinct or something. No one in the family has ever seen a newborn kitten because they hide them so well and she's had cats for over 60 years. If you find it the mother might just hide it again. It probably isn't anything to worry about unless your cat really is that stupid but I refuse to believe that stupid cats exist.
Hope you see it soon though
cat
Thanks Yeah it just made me mad cause the kitten she hid was getting really skinny (he wasn't getting enough milk) and she wasn't looking for it, she just spent the entire day with the other two. And I'm sure you know this, but when baby kittens get hungry they can make a hell of a ruckus. 6 or 7 hours, nothing. She never hid any of her other babies.

Hope I do too
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 17, 2011,
I'm feeling alot better today than I have been, spoke to the girl but it was really difficult and I had to leave after about 20 minutes but we'll be fine eventually.

Going to a party on Saturday, wasn't going to go but decided if I don't go I don't know what I'm missing out on and maybe there will be some girls there lol

Anyway since I'm feeling happy hugs all around

* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Quote by kbabz22
I'm feeling alot better today than I have been, spoke to the girl but it was really difficult and I had to leave after about 20 minutes but we'll be fine eventually.

Going to a party on Saturday, wasn't going to go but decided if I don't go I don't know what I'm missing out on and maybe there will be some girls there lol

Anyway since I'm feeling happy hugs all around

Just go and have a good time
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
I feel really burned out lately. Between Work and School this week, I feel like I got my ass kicked. I am really looking forward to the weekend. I live where I work though. I am still adjusting to my new place so I really haven't had the chance to relax.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Thanks Yeah it just made me mad cause the kitten she hid was getting really skinny (he wasn't getting enough milk) and she wasn't looking for it, she just spent the entire day with the other two. And I'm sure you know this, but when baby kittens get hungry they can make a hell of a ruckus. 6 or 7 hours, nothing. She never hid any of her other babies.

Hope I do too

Ahh that doesn't sound good if one of the kittens is noticeably weaker than the others they'll usually let it fend for itself which kinda makes sense, but it's sad D:

Quote by Blackwaterson89
I feel really burned out lately. Between Work and School this week, I feel like I got my ass kicked. I am really looking forward to the weekend. I live where I work though. I am still adjusting to my new place so I really haven't had the chance to relax.

almost there! Hopefully things will settle down soon. Then again, being busy during the week makes the weekend feel a lot better
cat
Quote by Blackwaterson89

If it makes you feel any better, i read the "Life in General" thing you linked a bit back recently and, i seriously feel like i have a whole new outlook in life.

I have this problem where whenever i get romantically interested in anyone, i cut contact with them COMPLETELY, and without any warning. A friend of mine mentioned one of these people the other day, and i suddenly felt. horrible

So after reading "life in general" i was motivated to start re-making contact with these people. I saw one today and i felt i needed to apologize so bad for cutting contact, but she was with her friends and we hadn't talked in months. I was a complete nervous wreck; hands shaking and thoughts flying everywhere. I was about to give up and leave after 10 minutes of just standing there, but "life in general" came to mind. And though i couldn't remember anything it said, the feeling of motivation and determination sparked inside me.

I approached the girl, still shaking, and asked if she could take a walk with me. She agreed and we just started talking for a while. Afterwards, i apologized for being such a jackass and she seemed really cool about it.
I think I've made a new friend because of you, and I think i'm about to make a bunch more. Thank you Blackwaterson

Lol really random post, hope you feel better? I'm feelin awesome

I need read life in general myself. I had quite a fire up under my ass during that summer. I was trying my damnest to get into the army. I finally did and found out it wasn't for me, but it taught me a lot about myself. I need that fire and that drive again.
Shit, I've missed two hours of sleep every night this week. Can't wait till the weekend.
Hugs for all. We're almost there!

I'm getting more and more nervous for tomorrow, I really don't like dogs and this one got energy.
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by Axeaman
I'm getting more and more nervous for tomorrow, I really don't like dogs and this one got energy.
look at it this way. dogs are one of the most common pets and the only way to get over your fear of them is to be around them. a high energy dog may not be the best way to start that though, i give you that. but if its a nice dog, no harm will come to you. tell the owners that youre not too fond of dogs, so tell them to keep it firmly in check when youre around. but try not to panic or freak out otherwise, because that might make the dog freak out as well.

good luck with it, im sure you will come out stronger
Feeling particularly shitty about myself today. I can't wait to just end it all. Bleh.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Hey fail. Listen. Those days are going to exist. There are still days I feel shitty. You have to find a way to break the cycle though. You have to find your niche that makes you feel like a mother****ing beast. Find it fail. I know you can.
Quote by Blackwaterson89
Hey fail. Listen. Those days are going to exist. There are still days I feel shitty. You have to find a way to break the cycle though. You have to find your niche that makes you feel like a mother****ing beast. Find it fail. I know you can.

Exactly. Bad days happen, but there are little things that can offset the bad times.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls