Hey guys,

so I have a Schecter Damien Solo Elite. I usually string it with .10's, but I decided to go up to .12's with this restringing. I stringed it and noticed things weren't quite right. Whenever I tried to play it, the strings must have been set-up too low because I couldn't mute the strings, and the lowest string especially would just continually resonate white noise. Being not too good with setting up guitars, I figured okay, I'll just unstring it and re-string it back to .10's. However, when I put the .10's on, the same problem is now occuring. I don't know what I did wrong, can anyone help me out here?

Also, I was talking to the other guitarist in my band and I mentioned how that when I was changing strings the tailpiece (I think that's what its called) on my bridge fell off.. Could that have any influence on this issue? What can I do to fix this so my guitar is working again? Thanks for any help...
Do you mean it's making that white noise through your amp? Can you mute the strings when the guitar isn't plugged in?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
ok,

step 1.

when you take all the strings off at once. yes, bridge pieces can fall off.
just make sure you put them back on and they are not reversed, and that
they are seated the correct way.

if so, this is not going to be an issue. the tail will help adjust the angle after the bridge.
it helps with string tension. so let's move on.

step 2.
additionally, when you change gauges and remove strings, the neck will relax and shift.
so that's something we will need to look at.

like asked ^ the white noise, is a little vague, but i'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it's some sort of fret buzz?

are you playing in standard tuning?

step 4. figuring out the issue...

unplug and play acoustically. are you picking up fret buzz noise?

if so, then where?

have you worked in the new strings a little?

if you check the neck's relief,
fret the low E at the first fret, and at the same time,
fret the low E at the last fret, where the neck and body meet. ~19th.

do you find that the string lays on the middle frets? ~7-9th?

ok, quote my post and answer as much as you can and i'll help you today.

JEn
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011