Weighing up Agile seven-strings, one has a 25.5 inch scale and the other has a 27 inch scale. Which would be better for a seven-string, and why? Sorry for my noobness, just needed a bit of a helping hand, the one with the longer neck's a bit cheaper and I need to present a decent Christmas argument.

Cheers
It's just personal preference. Do you want a lot of string tension, or not that much?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I play tabs that don't incorporate a lot of the high E and B strings, I like a tighter sound over the muddier tones of looser tensions, but at the same time, I don't like it really tense to the point where it hurts to press the strings after a while. To cut a long story short, I guess I like about medium tension and up?
basically, longer scale length is going to give u more tention the the shorter length would when tuning down. it wont make your sound any muddier just a prefference.....

just how i like floppy strings
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAIjWrpTPXY#t=1m50s

So basically, if you went with the 27" one the effect would be the exact opposite: the tension gets tighter, thus making it harder to bend. You can counter this by switching to a lighter string gauge or just stick with those strings if you like the higher tension. Like mr. Gilbert says the higher tension improves the picking, especially on the lower strings, but you won't have the "benefit" of thicker strings and the beefy tone they provide. If you were to install really heavy strings on that thing you'd effectively end up with a "rhythm" guitar: no bending for you :p

Be sure to try one of those long-ass guitar before making such a purchase, some people don't like 'em too much...

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have a 7-String Agile (Scepter Elite) with the 27" scale. Personally, I wouldn't buy another 7-String that DIDN'T have the 27" scale. About to buy another Agile with the 27" scale, this time one similar to the Scepter Elite but without the Duncans so I can put some DiMarzio 7's in it. Keep in mind that the Duncan Blackouts are great, but so are DiMarzios and I want to try both.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by shwilly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAIjWrpTPXY#t=1m50s

So basically, if you went with the 27" one the effect would be the exact opposite: the tension gets tighter, thus making it harder to bend. You can counter this by switching to a lighter string gauge or just stick with those strings if you like the higher tension. Like mr. Gilbert says the higher tension improves the picking, especially on the lower strings, but you won't have the "benefit" of thicker strings and the beefy tone they provide. If you were to install really heavy strings on that thing you'd effectively end up with a "rhythm" guitar: no bending for you :p

Be sure to try one of those long-ass guitar before making such a purchase, some people don't like 'em too much...

I use Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkies on my six string, which is a cheap Strat rip-off, 22 frets (dunno how long the scale is), and I'm thinking about Ernie Ball 7 string Regular Slinky strings (to be able to play Drop B and A like a six-string, plus being able to do orthodox 7 string stuff). They should be ok on a 27" for average tension, yeah?
Quote by PerpetualBurn
I have a 7-String Agile (Scepter Elite) with the 27" scale. Personally, I wouldn't buy another 7-String that DIDN'T have the 27" scale. About to buy another Agile with the 27" scale, this time one similar to the Scepter Elite but without the Duncans so I can put some DiMarzio 7's in it. Keep in mind that the Duncan Blackouts are great, but so are DiMarzios and I want to try both.

That's one of the ones I was looking at. What strings do you use and how do you like your tension on it?
I think it depends more on the type of strings you want to use.

If you like really tight strings (like myself), you can either have the baritone scale with lighter strings and get the same/similar amount of tension, or a regular scale and compensate with heavier strings. Some people say that thicker strings make your sound muddier or some bs like that but I don't believe it.

I'm using beefy slinkys on my RG570 in drop C and I like them a lot. I'm currently using .0115-.060 on my RG7421 in drop Ab. The low Ab is just a little too loose for my liking, but again, I like thick and high-tension strings.