Hi.

What are some must know songs for blues/rock jamming?
What songs are often called at your local jam scene?
If my time as part of a 80/20 cover band has taught me anything, it's that you need to know terribly nostalgic shit.
Killing in the name of

I have no idea how many times my band played that last year everytime we got bored
Back in Jazz band at my old high school Astro Zombies by the Misfits was basically an unofficial standard of the school. If you played Guitar, Bass, or Drums you had to know that song, good times though playing it with a horn section
Everyone I know that can play an instrument seems to know I Believe in a Thing Called Love. I can't count the number of times I've played that song with people.
Voodoo Child is probably the ultimate blues/rock jam song. Mannish Boy is a pretty good one too.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
12 bar. You can literally jam for hours just using 12 bar. It's awful.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by handaer
Hi.

What are some must know songs for blues/rock jamming?
What songs are often called at your local jam scene?

stick stickly
Quote by Paddy McK
12 bar. You can literally jam for hours just using 12 bar. It's awful.

Yup. Easy to get it to sound alright too, it was practically made for jamming.

I think you can gather from the comments that the standards are different in every circle. You could learn the 50 jam songs and only ever jam to 3 of them. A good jam session is worth learning 15 songs for though.
Sometimes switching keys is... uh... the key

For example, if you're playing some Zeppelin tune like You Shook Me but your soloing sounds dull and uninspired you could try switching to a song which is in a minor key, such as Since I've Been Loving You

Different keys = different moods. Sometimes tapping into a different one is what you need

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
To be honest, i think it is more about playing of others. When I started jamming, I generally watched what the other guitarist is playing, and adapted it to my own style. Then we just trade off leads.