Hi UG,

Its been 2 and a half years since i started playing guitar .
I fear i am slowly loosing interest in Guitar/Practicing . I rarely find a song which inspires me or kicks my guitar adrenaline to practice .

After coming from work in evening at 630 or 7pm i dont feel like picking up my Guitar neither Acoustic or Electric .

I need some inspiration[desperately] to get my Train going .
dont wana loose my interest in Guitar

Thanks in advance
Listen to music from bands you haven't heard before or start listening to a different genre.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Listen to blues, and start learning blues guitar, that is what re-inspired me to keep playing.
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
You might just be losing interest, it happens.

No point worrying about it to be honest, you can't and shouldn't force yourself to do something...you either feel like it or you don't.

If you want to do something else then knock yourself out, the guitar won't give a toss...play it when you feel like it, it's not an obligation.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Force yourself to play guitar for 10 minutes, those 10 minutes can inspire you to play for a few hours.
Quote by Zeletros
Force yourself to play guitar for 10 minutes, those 10 minutes can inspire you to play for a few hours.

I would actually disagree with this (although I see where you're coming from). If you have to force yourself then you're only gonna make things worse. I would say take a break and don't touch a guitar for a few days. Hopefully you'll just get drawn back to it
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
I'm kind of going through the same thing right now since I'm so busy with school/work. I usually try to pick it up if I'm just sitting there on the computer or watching t.v. and just mess around for a little while.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
If i spent half the time i do talking about guitar on guitar forums, actually playing guitar. I'd be badass at guitar (if i dont say so myself)
but alas
Quote by adambauman31
I usually buy some new gear to keep me going.

Not great advice. It does work though...

I'd suggesting trying out a completely different style from what you play and listen to. I began to lose interest in playing rock and metal and then moved onto classical. Then I got bored of that and went back to rock. Now I'm jamming out to blues, some fingerstyle folk, and considering some Jazz (its too fucking hard.) I used to listen to nothing but metal and now I regularly listen to blues and jazz and it keeps me interested. Just try some new genres, even if you don't think you'll like them. I didn't like jazz much a few years ago.
Quote by Paddy McK
I would actually disagree with this (although I see where you're coming from). If you have to force yourself then you're only gonna make things worse. I would say take a break and don't touch a guitar for a few days. Hopefully you'll just get drawn back to it

What if not?

If this works, why not?

When you just had sex you lose interest in having more sex, but when a girl starts teasing you again 10 minutes after you start regaining interest.

Same concept.

I didn't say force yourself to play for 2 hours every day. 10 minutes might be enough to find the motivation
Quote by Zeletros
What if not?

If this works, why not?

When you just had sex you lose interest in having more sex, but when a girl starts teasing you again 10 minutes after you start regaining interest.

Same concept.

I didn't say force yourself to play for 2 hours every day. 10 minutes might be enough to find the motivation

Buy some new shiney stuff, that usually gets me going again
Thanks for suggestions Guys

I am tired of blues /Rock/metal it is very very rare i come across a good Melody that tingles my spine lol

i do have fun jamming with people but sadly not many people around i can find to do that .

I used to buy Gear to keep moving :P but in the end desperation leaves to no good .

However I love hearing good Melodious Riffs which actually makes sense and is not going haywire with thrash

Example Slain's Prodigal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_7z3_vW-iE
when i have this problem, i just listen to Skull Fist. anytime i listen to any tune by them, it immediately makes me wanna bust out my guitar.
Quote by Zeletros
What if not?

If this works, why not?

Same concept.

Sorry mate, I wasn't saying your advice was wrong, I was just trying to give an alternative Longer you go without sex, the hornier you get was my principle
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
Sorry mate, I wasn't saying your advice was wrong, I was just trying to give an alternative Longer you go without sex, the hornier you get was my principle

Perhaps, but I'd still rather have awesome sex twice a day than very awesome sex once a week.
Quote by Paddy McK
LOL thats true incase of smex
go to a concert. Every time I go to a concert it makes me want to play like crazy.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by Zeletros
Perhaps, but I'd still rather have awesome sex twice a day than very awesome sex once a week.

I think maybe this metaphor has gone too far...
My Soundcloud
Are you in a band? Great way to snap yourself out of a guitar-playing rut, and a hell of a lot more fun than just practising by yourself
Quote by anonymusneo
Thanks for suggestions Guys

I am tired of blues /Rock/metal it is very very rare i come across a good Melody that tingles my spine lol

i do have fun jamming with people but sadly not many people around i can find to do that .

I used to buy Gear to keep moving :P but in the end desperation leaves to no good .

However I love hearing good Melodious Riffs which actually makes sense and is not going haywire with thrash

Example Slain's Prodigal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_7z3_vW-iE

Write some melodic riffs yourself, with the aim of making your own new song. If I didn't come up with my own stuff I'd have become bored with the guitar years ago.
Dude. Try not playing for a couple of days, maybe even a week or longer. That's what I did when I started to lose interest. Now its become my passion.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"