Poll: Would you buy views for your music?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you buy views for your music?
Yes
4 13%
No
27 87%
Voters: 31.
So I was just on Craigslist checking the musicians ad and I noticed one ad offering a very peculiar service. The ad was about a website that offers Youtube views, Facebook likes, subscriptions and all that type of internet publicity just for some small amounts of money.

And it got me thinking about it whether or not I would pay for it. Paying for sales for music has been around for awhile so it's nothing new. It used to be called Payola back in the day before the internet, where people hired under the music artist would go around shops buying up all the records. Even Jimi Hendrix did it with his first record.

One of the services charge only $20 for 50,000 views, and it doesn't mean this website is legit, but the question can still be asked. Would you pay for views on your youtube videos to boost publicity or do you not think its right?
Last edited by That Old Geezer at Nov 14, 2011,
Not some random website, no

But I do plan on using YouTube's promoted videos service. Kind of the same thing, you pay whatever money you want and based on that they will promote your video.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Not some random website, no

But I do plan on using YouTube's promoted videos service. Kind of the same thing, you pay whatever money you want and based on that they will promote your video.

This, it's actually legit, and would probably give much more than 50,000 views
Quote by Lulzcifer
its just lazy.you can sit there clickin your own youtube vids all day

so no

I don't think that actually works....
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I don't have any youtube videos, and why would I want to pretend lots of people like my status? There's no point in fake facebook friends at all.
The youtube partnership is based on your success, so a lot of views would help you sign on to that and you can earn the money back and probably make a profit. As long as your videos are good enough to attract enough real people too. It's just a lazy way of fast-tracking the service.
for my music? lol i don't do music anymore

maybe for gameplay vids
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Hell no. And don't get me started on Facebook likes.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
$20 for 50,000 views? That could be HUGE for a band! If my band had a music video, I'd invest $40 or $60 dollars into that easily.
Quote by Lulzcifer
its just lazy.you can sit there clickin your own youtube vids all day

so no

And changing your IP address every time? Seems time-consuming.

If my band had recorded anything and we were thinking about getting serious with it it might be a good idea. Not too sure, though. Something seems fishy about it.