Hello,

I'm looking for some advice- I'm planning to put together a fender style guitar using a kit online. The kit is £100 including pick ups, controls bridges etc. could anyone give me some guidelines, some good kits to buy, any upgrades I should make like pick ups etc?

Thanks
Miles
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Guitar-And-Bass-Kits_c_74.html

I've been reading up on these guys, but admittedly, I don't know if they ship internationally or not, and I haven't bought one yet... but they're definately in your price range..

My experience with a "Saga" Kit for a Strat... The Machine Heads are junk, but the kit fit together tight, and I think it sounds and plays great... I woulnd't compare it to a USA Fender, mind you, but for the money, It's a great guitar..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Nov 14, 2011,
i got one of the gfs explorer kits and i love it. it all fit nicely and it sounds decent for the price. just upgrade pickups and hardware and you have a pretty good instrument.
Wicked, ill look into GFS then. What sort of pick-ups did you choose by the way and how do you find them?
BYOguitars make decent kits. I built a PRS copy from one of theirs - pickups and hardware leave something to be desired, but I upgraded everything and now it's my main player.

They tend to offer different shapes than those offered by GFS too, so it's worth checking out. Pretty reasonably priced too.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
i just used some of the gfs humbuckers. they sound really good and they are not super expensive.