Alright...

Is a 5w tube amp enough to keep up with a pretty loud rock drummer.

If not, how could i possibly make it louder without having to buy a loud PA system.

Thanks
I hate all of you...my opinion is my own...take it or leave it
No. It won't get over a loud drummer.
You can't make it louder without mic'ing it up to something...
RIP Gooze

cats
1. Hardly, especially if you want cleans
2. You can buy more speakers to make it sound fuller. Won't technically make it louder but your sound will have more body to make it more apparent.
Alright, so it would be alot safer and a better investment to just buy a 20w instead?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You could ask it really nicely.

please?
Get another amp. That's what I had to do. I was stuck with a Stonehead 10W or something for awhile.
I started to feel really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't
- Kurt Cobain
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
Alright...

Is a 5w tube amp enough to keep up with a pretty loud rock drummer.

If not, how could i possibly make it louder without having to buy a loud PA system.

Thanks

Alright...

No, it isn't.

No, you can't.

You're welcome.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Don't you have a HT60?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by tubetime86
Alright...

No, it isn't.

No, you can't.

You're welcome.

THANK YOU. Straightfoward and to the point.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Don't you have a HT60?

Had to downgrade. WAY too loud for college. It was either that or they were going to boot me from my dorm. So it's being kept at home.
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
Had to downgrade. WAY too loud for college. It was either that or they were going to boot me from my dorm. So it's being kept at home.

Wow that's crazy. You're smart. You can gain life experience more quickly by living several lives all at once.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Wow that's crazy. You're smart. You can gain life experience more quickly by living several lives all at once.

Indeed you can my friend, indeed you can
Quote by B.C. RICH5000

Wat

I mean, it's cool that you are going to college and all, but you are 47. Dude, what happened?

Also, you can get an attenuator for your HT60.

And a new amp that isn't Blackstar
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
Alright, so it would be alot safer and a better investment to just buy a 20w instead?

Obviously, half-stacks are generally most guitar player's best bet in terms of sound quality, volume level, and suitability for most practice/gigging situations. If that's not in your budget, you could probably find a used 100w solid state combo amp in the 150-300 dollar range that's gonna do a lot more for you than a little practice amp whether it's tube or not. In terms of investment, 20 watts is not going to be much more worth your money than 5.
Quote by boomershadow
Obviously, half-stacks are generally most guitar player's best bet in terms of sound quality, volume level, and suitability for most practice/gigging situations. If that's not in your budget, you could probably find a used 100w solid state combo amp in the 150-300 dollar range that's gonna do a lot more for you than a little practice amp whether it's tube or not. In terms of investment, 20 watts is not going to be much more worth your money than 5.

20w all tube amps are fking loud.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Anything over 15W tube should be able to hang with a drummer... depending on how much you play clean. The cleaner you need, the more watts you need. If you pretty much pay everything with some amount of grit, a 15W (like a tweaker, etc) would probably cut it.

As far as an amp being too loud... meh. You're unlikely to find an amp that gives you super tone at bedroom / dorm volumes. That's what cheap SS practice amps are for. I guess I'm spoiled having neighbors that never complain, no matter how loud I play.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
20w tube will get over a drummer; but you won't have a clean sound
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by jpatan
Anything over 15W tube should be able to hang with a drummer... depending on how much you play clean. The cleaner you need, the more watts you need. If you pretty much pay everything with some amount of grit, a 15W (like a tweaker, etc) would probably cut it.

As far as an amp being too loud... meh. You're unlikely to find an amp that gives you super tone at bedroom / dorm volumes. That's what cheap SS practice amps are for. I guess I'm spoiled having neighbors that never complain, no matter how loud I play.

I crank my shit at 9am.

Feelsgoodman
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by B.C. RICH5000

ITS CALLED A MASTER VOLUME
LEARN TO USE IT.
titface.
Quote by coolstoryangus
ITS CALLED A MASTER VOLUME
LEARN TO USE IT.
titface.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by boomershadow

You have no idea what you are talking about do you?
You know, telling people you hate them and that they can go f*ck themselves in every post you make might not be the best thing when asking for help.
REGGIE
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
Indeed you can my friend, indeed you can

Something tells me you will never, ever gain any life experience regardless of how man 'lives' you pretend to live.

Quote by LeakyFlask
You know, telling people you hate them and that they can go f*ck themselves in every post you make might not be the best thing when asking for help.

You're right... If he was interested in helpful advice. If he was interested in getting a rise out of people it would be the absolute best thing.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Nov 14, 2011,