Quote by beckyjc
Sure, theyre nice for the moolah, you could probably get a used MIM or highway one for £300 bones though.

i want a new guitar, that costs 400>
I like mine.. It compared quite well to the MIM i used to have.. if not a bit better.
The necks are very different though.
If you buy used you're getting more for your money, but i guess it depends wether you know what to look for so you dont get conned into buying fakes or something with a ****ed neck. Ive got 3 guitars used, 2 mim fenders. Both are perfect. Infact my '92 mim tele plays better than any MIA fender ive tried...
The classic vibes are a lot like MIM's in the way that you can get a gem just as easily as a lemon. Quality control from Fender factories that aren't Corona can be hit or miss, so I would never suggest buying blind when it comes to Squier/MIM Fenders.

Go to a music store, play around. If you find a great guitar you like, buy that one. Not a new one in box, or a back stock one, the exact one you played off the wall.
I don't have a CV but I have a Vintage Modified. Not so sure where that fits in to the whole squier line but it plays beautifully and the maple neck feels great. The only complaint is the tuners which I changed out for something like $30 and now it holds great. Be sure to try the VM series too if you're looking at this kind of guitar.
I like both the MIMs and classic vibes around the same. They both require around the same amount of upgrades at the end of the day to get them there optimum. They differ in feel quite a bit neckwise CVs are a lot flatter and thinner. The pine body is a nice change on the CVs IMO... can't really go wrong with either..
unless you get a dud but thats a factor with every guitar apart from uber high end and even then you will get the odd dud.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Nov 14, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
I like both the MIMs and classic vibes around the same. They both require around the same amount of upgrades at the end of the day to get them there optimum. They differ in feel quite a bit neckwise CVs are a lot flatter and thinner. The pine body is a nice change on the CVs IMO... can't really go wrong with either..
unless you get a dud but thats a factor with every guitar apart from uber high end and even then you will get the odd dud.

The custom has an alder body.
I've tried one before and I really enjoyed it, I'd buy one even though theres fenders in the same price range