from what i understand, Aria is the brand. they are chinese guitars, and the bass looks to be a knockoff of an ibanez bass...judging by the body and headstock.
CKY RULES!
Yea, that much i figured out. What i need to know is what the name of the bass is. Im reluctant to go buying it without knowing more about it. I have no idea of what a logical price is for one of those basses.
Aria Pro II is the same sorta thing Cliff Burton of Metallica played (amongst others)

They used to be Made in Japan, and quite good quality. This looks newer however; and not so good in terms of quality. I would be wary of it.
Strange haw difficult it should be to find something about this bass.

Supposedly the new price of this was $ 1500 (in norway, and we do have ridicilous prices on instruments) So i would assume about $ 7-800 in US prices.

it was bought in 2001 and have active pickups.
Ooh nice. How much is it? There was some decent stuff sold under the Aria Pro II name.
he is asking approximately $ 500 for it as its only being used for collecting dust
true, but if i were to buy it from UK it would cost me a ton of cash just to get is shipped to norway. So I guess, by ordering it from the UK i would pay about $ 400++
Buying it here i can just take a 10-15 min walk on my way home from work and pick it up. i would obviously try to haggle a bit aswell, so the main difference in buying it here or on ebay would be that I wont have to risk damaging it druing transport if bought here i guess.
I'm not suggesting you buy one from the UK, just pointing out that they aren't easy to sell and you should be able to knock some serious money off of it.
Ah, yea, thats my plan. The buyer made the mistake of telling me he was struggling to sell it. So I guess I'll put a top limit of $400 for it, but I'll try to get it for less

And thanks for your input, greatly apprechiated
http://www.famusicweb.com.ar/web/productos/bajos/bajos-4-cuerdas/aria.html

this is an argentinean site, and this aria bass has two pickups instead of one, but that's what i could find... it looks just the same and has ash body and 24 frets...

and for what you're talking, getting it for 400 wouldn't be a bad deal.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
When you are buying a bass unlike most instruments there doesn't seem to be a large difference in the sound quility. Just buy a nice one but don't overspend. I would spend about 200 to 300, no more.
Thats my two cents
Last edited by nicholasA at Nov 14, 2011,
Quote by nicholasA
When you are buying a bass unlike most instruments there doesn't seem to be a large difference in the sound quility.

Does....not....compute...
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by nicholasA
When you are buying a bass unlike most instruments there doesn't seem to be a large difference in the sound quility. Just buy a nice one but don't overspend. I would spend about 200 to 300, no more.
Thats my two cents

Guitard.

I bought mine used for $200. and am getting sick of the tone. Its a precision knock off, and know for a fact other basses do indeed have different sound quality. Such as the schecter stiletto elite 5 string...
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by vampirelazarus
Guitard.

I bought mine used for $200. and am getting sick of the tone. Its a precision knock off, and know for a fact other basses do indeed have different sound quality. Such as the schecter stiletto elite 5 string...

guitard, LOL!
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Im a guitard

Well, id be impressed if you are able to get a bass of decent quality for $ 200 in norway :p For that price you'd be lucky to get a low end squire
I have an Aria electro-acoustic which I love. It plays very nicely. If that's any help at all.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.