My bands drummer has a problem. His gear is a weird mix and match of cheap local shit and genuinely high end parts. He has a Basix double bass pedal, and a cheapo bass drum. Thing is, when he hammers the double bass, like dhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt at high speed, the bass drum moves forward. What to do?
Put something heavy in front of it. A spare amp, a few textbooks, whatever works.
Put a carpet under the drums
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
Quote by Takien
Put something heavy in front of it. A spare amp, a few textbooks, whatever works.

That. I remember one time with my old band the whole kit would slowly spread outwards during the song, hihat, bass drum, toms, everything. Eventually solved the problem with a few of those concrete blocks robbed from building sites/kerbs on the way to band practice. Just chuck something heavy in front of it (or grab a cheap rug or something to put the kit on), and remind the drummer that he only needs to kick down on the pedal, not outwards.
call me ziggy.
Last edited by earthisearthis at Nov 14, 2011,
If you lack any of those, as stupid as it sounds, I currently put thick insulation foam under my kit. Gives the spikes something to stick into and eventually the whole kit sinks down just enough to not move at all during practice