Hi, im not very good at different playing techniques and i wonder how you do the kind of beepy/grungy/distorted guitar sound, like shaun morgan from seether does when he changes from the bridge to the chorus, in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKN9adPla1E&feature=related

I would really appreciate some help since my band is probably going to play alot of grunge.
Last edited by hutzizm at Nov 14, 2011,
There's so many things you could be referring too. Do you have a specific time in the video? I'll just assume you were talking about the wah. If not that then the squeals/beeps are made by playing natural harmonics which is probably entirely incidental cause his up and down strokes are 10x longer than they need to be
Harmonics on at least 3 strings, around the 3-4th fret area, strummed all at once.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
can you please explain what harmonics are?
I know a little about them but im not sure about it.
Quote by hutzizm
can you please explain what harmonics are?
I know a little about them but im not sure about it.

Place your fingers lightly on the strings and strum. Really, is it so hard to look for video lessons on youtube? Specifically though, this time we're looking at natural harmonics. Go google that.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.