Hey guys. I currently have 13-56 gauge strings on my acoustic and im playing in drop C. Would it be worth it to go up to a 14-59 gauge? Or would that not make much difference at all.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
i use that gauge in standard i would move up a gauge if i were tuned that low

but its all perosnaly preference try it next time you change strings and see if you like it
I use 12-60 to play C standard, and I use the same custom set on both my guitars (25.5" and 24.75" scale).

Oh yeah, that's for electric, so nevermind!
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Not to loose. It just seems like a really small difference.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
Personally, if I were you I would just make my own custom set out of singles. I did this for my guitars and I never turned back.

It's fairly simple; if a string is too loose, get a thicker gauge and if it's too tight you just get a thinner string. This way, you can really personalize the feel of your instrument.

I would recommend D'Addario strings simply because they seem like they are the most available brand. If you go to the D'Addario website, they have a tension chart which tells you what you need to know about the tensions of the various strings they sell; all you need to do is be willing to spend about $10 on single strings to test them out. You will waste a bit of money doing this, but in return you will have a set of strings that you hand-picked and is perfect for you. Ten dollars isn't all that much money.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Last edited by JimDawson at Nov 15, 2011,