Hey so i just downloaded reaper and i cant figure out how to hear my recording while im in the process of recording. If someone could direct me i would appreciate it.

Thanks
Click the little speaker icon on the track to enable monitoring.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ooooooh, you mean the actual recording you did before.

What is your interface and what are you trying to listen out of?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Interface?? im not sure if i know what you mean. I am recording out of my line 6 amp with an aux to my laptop. Not the best sound but its all I have. I would be interested in what you are talking about.
Create a new track
Arm the track
Below the arm button, there's a button for input monitoring. It's a little speaker. Click that.

When you arm the track, you should get signal going into the meters. If not, it's a routing issue, and has to do with your computer's I/O setup
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
thanks i figured it out but when i play there is a delay. it takes the sounds about a second to play thru to my headphones. Is this because im using my line out on my amp? is there something i can do to fix this?
Quote by amberhye
thanks i figured it out but when i play there is a delay. it takes the sounds about a second to play thru to my headphones. Is this because im using my line out on my amp? is there something i can do to fix this?

It's because your computer's cheap soundcard is not meant to handle serious audio recording.

You need an audio interface like the Line 6 POD Studio series, Focusrite Saffire, Presonus Audiobox, etc. You may be able to cut down on the lag right now buy downloading the ASIO4ALL drivers and using them instead of your stock sound card, though.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
input monitoring
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Try plugging your headphones into your amp, if it's the monitoring that's delayed.

Also, MatrixClaw, what happened to your BTBAM avatar?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
Also, MatrixClaw, what happened to your BTBAM avatar?

I changed it for Christmas to one with a Santa hat on it and I forgot to save the original and didn't want to keep a Christmas one up all year
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com