I recently got the HardWire DL-8 Delay/Looper about 3 weeks ago. I realize delays drain battery like crazy so I use my AC Adpater, which fits the specs required in the information booklet, but it is on the lower end of the voltage.

Here is the problem: With a battery it works completely fine, for 5 minutes then it just drains it of course, but when I use the adapter (Model SAD0006D Class 2, INPUT: AC120V 60Hz 8W, OUTPUT: DC9V 300mA) i only get a handful of the effects to work. Delays work, but once the time knob is turned to finely tune the timing delay, it just distorts the delays out. The reverse function doesn't work with the adapter either. When I use some of the settings (Modulated, Analog) and I engage the pedal the light comes on then it just shuts off.

Since a new battery has the thing working fine, I feel like the adapter might just not be powerful enough for some settings, perhaps some take more voltage to process then others. I've never beat the thing up or anything, never dropped it.

The one I am using:
(Model SAD0006D Class 2, INPUT: AC120V 60Hz 8W, OUTPUT: DC9V 300mA)

Optional Power supply:
PS200-100 (100V ~ 50/60Hz)
PS200R-120 (120V ~60HZ)
PS200R-230 (230V~50Hz)
PS200R-240 (240V ~50Hz)

Any ideas, I would really appreciate it. Hoping it's not a faulty pedal but nothing I can do if it is.
If you cant figure out what is wrong with it contact digitech or bring it back to the place you bought it from and see what they can do for you
It sounds like the DL-8 might be using more milliamps in certain modes than the power supply can provide.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
It sounds like the DL-8 might be using more milliamps in certain modes than the power supply can provide.

That's what I was leaning towards, I'm going to grab a better power supply and see if that fixes it. Since a battery has it working fine, but not long enough for me to use gigging, it's gotta be a power issue.