I bought this guitar on the first of June of this year. I like it a lot but it looks a bit too brutal for the music I generally play. I don't know if I want to sell it yet, but I could probably sell it for a close to what I bought it for considering it is pretty well brand new. Anyways, this is currently my only guitar with a Floyd Rose, and I would like a guitar with a Floyd Rose to replace it if I ever sold it, but I don't know what to get. I would like something more versatile. I've been looking at some Ibanez's but there are just so many. I would like to spend around the same price I spent on the BC Rich (around 650-700), but I might go higher. So the only thing I am really looking for is a Floyd Rose, and a more versatile look.

What suggestions do you have?
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
You suggest people to get the guitar in other threads and now you want to get rid of it?
Buy a new amp and see how versatile your sound can really get.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
You suggest people to get the guitar in other threads and now you want to get rid of it?
Buy a new amp and see how versatile your sound can really get.

Yeah.. it's an awesome guitar. Just looks a bit too brutal for the music I play.
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
A few brands you could look at are:
-Sterling by Musicman (cheaper versions of regular ernie ball musicman guitars but still GREAT quality).
-Ibanez
-ESP
Idk. Just look around haha. Best bet is to find one you like that fits your playing style and how you like the body and neck and whatnot and go with it.
PSN - Boosted928
Quote by asmithgdci
Yeah.. it's an awesome guitar. Just looks a bit too brutal for the music I play.

Music>Looks
Forget the standards and do what you want.
Quote by AustinHoag
Music>Looks
Forget the standards and do what you want.

I know, but I really don't think this guitar suits most of the stuff I play.
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
My suggestion? Keep the guitar or find someone to trade it to, I can guarantee that you will not get anywhere near the price you paid if you sold it outright. I know it's a nice guitar in perfect condition, but it's still a used instrument. And it's definitely a buyers market right now.

I'd expect that you MIGHT get $350 if you found the right buyer (someone specifically looking for your guitar), realistically $275-300 on a good day. It's hard to sell something that's not mainstream or something with such a unique headstock. This is coming from a Dean guy that's dealt with such things

You might try looking at used Prestiges if that's your thing. Some of the Ibanez guys can give you specific models to look for based on your criteria. Or if you love abalone you could find a Schecter of some sort.

EDIT: If you're dead set on getting rid of it I'd recommend parting it out. The OFR and EMGs (with wiring) will bring about $300 and you can sell the body/neck for around $150 guessing.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Nov 14, 2011,
Quote by asmithgdci
I know, but I really don't think this guitar suits most of the stuff I play.

It would be more of the sound it produces rather than the look. Try some new pick ups and a new amp to try and get the sound you want. And if it comes down to it, then get a new guitar if you really feel like you don't like it.
Quote by EpicHeadshot
What do you play?

Also used ibanez prestige ftw.

Jazz, Metal, Blues, Classical, Rock
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Quote by AustinHoag
It would be more of the sound it produces rather than the look. Try some new pick ups and a new amp to try and get the sound you want. And if it comes down to it, then get a new guitar if you really feel like you don't like it.

I just think it is weird playing Jazz, Blues, Classical, Rock, and even some of the Metal I play on it.
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Quote by FearMyLightning
Get a Charvel So cal. Thread = over.

I was actually looking at that guitar, I don't really like bolt-on necks, but how is the higher fret accessibility?
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
I can suggest an older LTD H model. I feel like my H is a pretty unsuggestive guitar, and I love it for that. Yeah, it's a superstrat, but it's not pointy or anything, so it would pretty much fit in to any sort of genre you used it with.

This isn't mine personally, but it's the same finish that mine is http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd226/Joe_Esther/IMG_5976.jpg
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i have a peavey wolfgang with a floyd (dive only) that is a killer guitar that can be found for $350-$400 if you are patient.

also +1 ibanez, i have a Pristeige 3550MZ and it is a great guitar, i tried a 14XX (meaning i dont know the last two numbers) and was very disapointed. the fret ends weren't the best i had seen, also their trems suck up until like the $800 mark or so (not sure just a ballpark, i am recently into ibanez, i am mainly a gibson player though).

+1 on the So Cal, that is a great guitar. it is on the list of things to buy when the item is at a killer price on CL because they ran out of cocaine and the need another line. thats when you find the best deals.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/