My rage finally broke down so I get an amp 250 and under. I play a lot of slide, clean chords and arpeggios, and the rest is classic metal that only goes to 80's thrash gain. I will order online so location doesn't matter. What I want is a dark, thick and warm clean tone and a dark and chunky od. The two amps I have it narrowed down to are the Peavey Vyper 30 and the Blackstar HT-1R combo. My budget is not adjustable because of family stability, and i am looking for something that has a tone I will be happy with for a looong time. I wouldn't be able to try the Blackstar out but could return it for a Vyper and sanpera 1 if I buy through guitar center. A final opinion before i take the plunge with the Blackstar which i am leaning towards would be nice.
I assume it's for home use only?

I haven't tried the HT-1r, but I doubt a 1-watt amp will be very good for cleans. It'll probably do Thrash, though. Depends which is more important.

For that sort of money, your best bet will probably be a modeller. Peavey Vypyr, Fender Mustang, Roland Cube, something like that. I really like the Mustangs, fantastic tones, however the III, IV and V models often develop a bug which creates a "fizz", which Fender so far have ignored. The I and II are fine, though. The Peavey Vypyrs also have a few issues, most of which I believe have been resolved with updated software.
RIP Adam
If you prefer the cleans over the gain go Fender, if it's the other way then go Peavey IMO. By the way, I've heard good things about the Vox Valvetronix.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I prefer the gain but i have heard that the vypyr is practically a toy and i loved the sound bites of the ht-1. Can you have guitar center ship an amp over to try out before you buy?