i was at guitar center today, the same one that i got my pristege from, and i asked if they had any pristeges in because i want a second. they had one up top on the wall and got it down to me. it was a 1421 IIRC, but i remember that the first two digits were 14. it had a fixed bridge, figured top and ibanez pickups of some sort (not dimarzios like on the 3550MZ). it was like $600-$700 some where in that price range. the thing that i thought was weird however was that it said pristeige on the headstock, but there was no JCraft stamp or logo anywhere on it.

it just kind of confused as i thought all of the pristeges are JCraft???

it overall didn't feel that great, felt cheap and just lifeless.

so second question, what Pristege level do you go to to get a nicer guitar? what level does JCraft build guitars?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by ethan_hanus
Maybe it's Ibanez's version of a Prestige without the price tag. Some prolly knows though.

i thought those were the Premiums? it was a solid disappointment.

do you know if Pristege is made by JCraft most of the time, or sometimes is it different?

i am far from an ibanez buff, i just bought my first one a month or so ago and want to get another.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I'm not much of a Ibanez guy, I love the feel, can't afford them really, so I'm not the right guy to ask...I was just taking a pot shot at what it might be, I've seen some manufactures do it, they take a well known guitar, make it cheaply and stamp the name on it, and sell it for a somewhat cheaper price.
My prestige has the Team J Craft logo as a sticker on the back of the headstock. Easily could have been pealed of sometime
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by ethan_hanus
I'm not much of a Ibanez guy, I love the feel, can't afford them really, so I'm not the right guy to ask...I was just taking a pot shot at what it might be, I've seen some manufactures do it, they take a well known guitar, make it cheaply and stamp the name on it, and sell it for a somewhat cheaper price.

it really struck me as odd for two reasons, Ibanez recently launched the "Premium" guitars which i assumed were more buget friendly alternatives to the "Pristeige" and the other is that the Pristeiges to some degree have a dignified name to them, so why release one that is subpar in quality with a good name for the rest of the line? but then what is going on with J Craft?

the other thing that i do know it is very new, my guy there said he unboxed it last week so i dont know who else has seen one and looked.

it is a little bit of a downer due to the fact that i felt confident enough in Ibanez (mainly JCraft ibanez Pristeiges) to buy without playing, but after that, i dont think i ever would.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Koshman32
My prestige has the Team J Craft logo as a sticker on the back of the headstock. Easily could have been pealed of sometime

mine isn't a sticker its printed on there

the serial was still on the guitar in question though as well as a few of those smaller stickers on the back of the headstock, i dont think that the sticker getting peeled off was the case, but it could be.

i just really dont know.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Btw. Premiums are Ibanez Indonesia's version of a Japanese Prestige.
you will notice alot of the hardware is similar etc. and I have to admit they still play excellent and im a fan of the rounded fretwork on them. I'm thinking of getting one just as a spare axe. Here in australia a decent Ibanez Prestige will be over 2 grand, these retail at $1495 for the quilt tops and will sell for about $1100 IIRC.

In my opinion, this has been an extremely smart move as they feel great.
Quote by tofuhead
Btw. Premiums are Ibanez Indonesia's version of a Japanese Prestige.
you will notice alot of the hardware is similar etc. and I have to admit they still play excellent and im a fan of the rounded fretwork on them. I'm thinking of getting one just as a spare axe. Here in australia a decent Ibanez Prestige will be over 2 grand, these retail at $1495 for the quilt tops and will sell for about $1100 IIRC.

In my opinion, this has been an extremely smart move as they feel great.

i was aware of the premiums, however wasn't aware of some identical parts, but in this case it for sure said pristege on the headstock.

i dont know what trem is coming on the premiums, but thats what you gotta watch for with ibanez.

so has anybody seen an Ibby that had Pristege on it but no J Craft?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1421F i'm assuming it was one of these. I have an 08 RG1570L which has the JCraft logo as a kind of sticker/decal on the back of the headstock. I think it was 2004-5 that they started adding the JCraft to the guitars. Perhaps, because its a limited edition they decided not to /shrug.

And from what i've heard the Premiums still make excellent guitars, but they aren't up to the Prestige standard in terms of neck finishes and fretwork.
Last edited by Gont at Nov 15, 2011,
thats it gont, thanks. that guitar has been bugging me all day. it just didn't feel good, or up to a standard i would expect from a pristege. however for a hardtail bridge, that one felt really nice, but the only reason i am hunting out another RG is for the trem.

it saddens me that it still says prestige on it. it doesn't deserve the title. lol.

thank you all. i dont know why i didn't think to check ibanez's site intitially.

thanks again.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!