Ok so for a CD I'm recording with a friend, we want to do an old jazz standard song. But we're planning on recording the standard and selling it as well. How woud we aquire the licensing or whatever we need to record and sell the song, if it's our own version of it and such for this?
You could go for an old standard which is in the public domain (these are mainly gypsy jazz tunes) and you won't have to bother with any of the legal stuff!