before complains... never posted somethin like this so idk if its in the wrong forum.... tab talk didnt seem appropriate, songwriting either. just need to know how original this lick is or if anyone has played it somewhere.... played in the harmonic minor scale i beleive

e|--------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------------------------|
D|-----6---------7-------10---------9------------|
A|-7-8---8-7-8---8-7-8---8-7-8----------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------|
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I havent seen that exact riff anywhere before, however, Heavenly plays riff similar to this
I assume you wrote that and are asking if it's been written before?
First real problem here is even though we have the notes, we don't know what the riff sounds like. With just those notes and no indication on how to play it, you could come up with dozens of different ways to play that.

Anyways, that aside, i can almost guarantee that riff has been written before and i say that because well it's pretty generic, all kept within a 4 finger span and by no means nothing radical. As i said, i have no idea what it sounds like but those kind of riffs i see in pretty much all generic metal songs.

I'm being pretty pesimistic about the whole thing though. Many riffs sound the same these days and it's not like you're intentionally trying to steal a riff that may or may not exist.

To make this easier for everyone, you should post a video of yourself playing the riff. Tabs don't really do it justice.
One question:

Who cares if we have? Do you like it? If yes then use it, if not then throw it out and come up with something else.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by EspTro
played in the harmonic minor scale i beleive

Do you know which one?
Quote by vayne92
I assume you wrote that and are asking if it's been written before?
First real problem here is even though we have the notes, we don't know what the riff sounds like. With just those notes and no indication on how to play it, you could come up with dozens of different ways to play that.

Anyways, that aside, i can almost guarantee that riff has been written before and i say that because well it's pretty generic, all kept within a 4 finger span and by no means nothing radical. As i said, i have no idea what it sounds like but those kind of riffs i see in pretty much all generic metal songs.

I'm being pretty pesimistic about the whole thing though. Many riffs sound the same these days and it's not like you're intentionally trying to steal a riff that may or may not exist.

To make this easier for everyone, you should post a video of yourself playing the riff. Tabs don't really do it justice.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Besides, the same riff in a different context can sound completely different.
A harmonic minor

I've been playing licks like that for a months. If you mute the notes on the A string and play it at a decent speed then it will sound very paul gilbert
i was asking to maybe discover some new songs using the scale, not for the sake of knowing xD
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED