Surfer Blood - lets see the chart says I can post them cuz Pitchfork loves em, they played all over SXSW, been to KEXP, Daytripper, the Berrics, toured with the Drums and opened for MGMT. So I guess that makes them Indie enough for me to give them a shout here.

and even with all that, they're so... normal. they dress like you would to go to 7-11 or BestBuy, and sing about real stuff that probably really happened. anyway they get my vote.
Saw 'em open for the Pixies a couple weeks ago, I thought they were really boring.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Nov 15, 2011,
I like the record, but they were kind of boring live. They seemed kind of out of it. I'd still give 'em another chance though if I could seem them in a club setting or something cause this was an outdoor festival.
awesome on record. saw em live kinda recently. they played a ton of stuff i'd never heard before but it was nizasty overall.
yeah i've seen em a number of times and u can see, or at least i can certainly imagine from my own experience, that touring non stop for like 2 years playing the same material can get old. take a break boys and come back to it fresh. but that album wasn't an accident i know there's more where that came from.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Saw 'em open for the Pixies a couple weeks ago, I thought they were really boring.

Same here. The only thing that was actually neat about their set was when one of the guitarists did a solo with his teeth and broke some strings doing it. I had a good laugh.
wow.

I can leave 1 or 2 trax on the album, but thats not bad out of 10. and at least 3 or 4 i can and will play like 8 times in a row.

as far as their, uh, demeanor.... i've seem them 6 times and i never caught any of that. they're always hanging out and meeting fans afterwards, sometimes before the show, hanging out in the audience watching the other bands... pretty normal bunch of guys from what I've seen.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Same here. The only thing that was actually neat about their set was when one of the guitarists did a solo with his teeth and broke some strings doing it. I had a good laugh.

Oh yeah, he did that when I saw 'em, sans broken strings. I was like "finally, something interesting!"

I guess in their defense the venue wasn't really conducive to their style of tunez, and I don't think anyone in the audience really gave a fuck, which must make it a bit hard to go out & give it 100%. I stand by my earlier post, though.