Page 1 of 3
I recently got my new amp, the Vox Night Train 15W and I must admit I absolutely love it.

But the NT is a simple amp and I do like a few effects. It's my birthday coming up (and it's a biggy) so I'd like to buy my first good pedal (or two) to match the amp. I expect I'll eventually buy all sorts of pedals over the years so at this stage I'd just like to buy myself a pedal I'll really enjoy - be it reverb, fuzz, flanger, delay etc.

There's so many out there, I wondered if anyone had a favourite pedal they really, really enjoy using and why? I'd be really interested to know.

Cheers!

Ash
I use my line 6 M13 A TON to dial in the BEST delay sounds. There's nothing better than tweaking a ton of different delays and then being able to feed them into each other for awesome ambient good-ness. Favorite pedal by far.
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.
I'm a ***** for effects, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably take a good wah pedal or delay.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Alright, I'm getting the idea that a delay might be a good idea! Also, I can't resist the idea of a Fuzz as well. I sense a double purchase coming up

Is it worth blowing a reasonable amount of cash on a decent delay pedal? It looks like you can spend what you want in that area,.....
Yeah. You don't have to go crazy, but try to feel out what kind of options/sound you want.

I have a Boss DD 6, which I will someday replace with some cool analog delay, but the thing I will say about the DD6, is that it is quite versatile. Slapback, reverse, huge echo. It can do it.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
I wanna get the sandvich echo mod for meh PB&J

Or at least mod it into a different casing, one with a better button.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
These:

Right to left:

TC Electronics Polytune, Crybaby 535Q Wah, Buster Jangle (godly), Suhr Shiba Drive, Greenhouse Effects Nobrainer distortion, MXR vintage phase 90, Rogue Analog Tremolo, Xotic EP Booster, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy delay, Rogue Analog Chorus.

Eventually I might replace the Rogue pedals with higher end stuff but for the little bit of chorus and trem I use they are FANTASTIC. Not to mention they were on some kind of insane sale for $14 each online.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Nov 15, 2011,
I love my Boss RV-3. Reverb+Delay setting 7 with all other knobs set at ~2 o'clock.

Ambient heaven...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Modulated reverb + Delay.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
personally I think the most useful effects are delay and chorus. I use those two more than anything else.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by DanTheHobbit
Delay. Delay? Delay!

This is the answer. Answer. Answer. Answer. Answer. Answer.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
My MXR Carbon Copy and Catalinbread Ottava Magus, delightful psychedelic phrasing. Roll off your volume pot just a little bit and start playing above 10th freth on 6th and 5th strings... WOW!!!

Edit: It only works with tube amps.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Quote by Vendetta V
^ clips?

Don't have any but since you asked for it I will record some and I'll let you know, promise!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
Analogman ARDX Delay. 2 separate delays with their own controls, LED's flash the delay time, has an effects loop and takes a Boss expression pedal. Forgot to mention the warmest sounding delay I've heard.
I like tremolo and fuzz. But I like my fuzz effect nasty and ****ed up, not controlled and tame.
Quote by denied
Ah love mah Memory Lane jr, Wet reverb, and last night fell for the vibrato on my waterfall.

ML Jr FTW.

Also: Your pedalboard is invalid without fuzz. You need fuzz. And I would be saying that even if I wasn't about to segue way into telling you about all the pedals I'm selling.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Nov 15, 2011,
Can't beat a bit of flange.....
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by Mybleedinglung8
Can't beat a bit of flange.....

Unless you have a phaser.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by denied
I don't have my fuzz yet. But I will soon, because he's completely right.

Glad we're on the same page about things.

Quote by bogg808

I have a Tonebender, made by John. It's not all booteeky, but still a cool pedal. You should buy it.

Quote by bogg808

i like the timeline, just got one alittle while ago. i like my m13 for all the delays, i like my mxr carbon copy, my dmm, pog2, and my malekko 616

i like delays.
Why do you still have the Ekko and CC?

Quote by bogg808

Quote by 00_hns_00
i like the timeline, just got one alittle while ago. i like my m13 for all the delays, i like my mxr carbon copy, my dmm, pog2, and my malekko 616

i like delays.

Quote by mcraddict81592
Why do you still have the Ekko and CC?

Yo dawg, I heard you like to self-oscillate your self-oscillations so you can self-oscillate while you self-oscillate.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Page 1 of 3