OK guys so our schools talent day is coming up. So a few musicians from our class have decided to perform a few songs.
So far we've decided on doing these songs. They're really easy.
Anberlin - Feel Good Drag
Sum 41 - The Hell Song.
Now we need one more song. We are looking for a song with an okay solo. Nothin too easy or hard. Maybe a level higher than the solos of the songs mentioned above. And also it shouldn't have any growls or screams as our parents are.. You know..
We have two months so any song we can learn in one month is pretty cool.
I can play pretty good solos, Like the solo in dying in your arms by trivium. And metal songs are okay as long as they dont have much screams or anything.
Thanks in Advance!
Peace!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Sugar We Are Going Down
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
Are you Gonna Be My Girl?
Everlong
Best Of You
Bleed American/ Salt Sweat Sugar
Nothing Else Matters
Sex on Fire
Use Somebody
Molly's Chambers
Red Morning Light
Supermassive Black Hole
Smells Like Teen Spirit
How you Remind Me
Creep (Really Easy)
By The Way
Californication
Can't Stop

I know there is a range of classics but they are pretty standard pub/bar bands. I'm English (assuming you are american) so I think songs like I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor work better over here. Anyway, I hope this helps you in someway or another as theya re generally all pretty easy. One of the KoL songs will be best as the molly's chambers solo sounds sweet and can just be jammed out.
New Low - Middle Class Rut
About A Girl - Nirvana
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
The Red - Chevelle

Relatively simple, and alot of room for improv on the solo
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Nirvana, Smells like teen spirit. Great set closer with a really simple solo. L7's Pretend that we're dead has a really simple solo too.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Long Road to Ruin- Foo Fighters
East Jesus Nowhere- Green Day
Fallen Leaves- Billy Talent
To name a few. Breaking Benjamin has a few songs that would work, if drop tuning isn't an issue.