Hey there. I need a patch lead kit to hook up my effect pedals to my Midi-14. Will need something like 18-20 patch leads(2 for each pedal). So far the only 'kit' that comes with that many is the Lava Pro-14 kit which is shown on the gigrig website. Solderless with 30 foot of ELC cable. However the actual connectors are silver. My Mogami guitar and speaker leads are gold and I have been told that gold is the best for keeping tone. I really don't want to sacrifice any tone as all my gear is premium quality. Are silver connectors that bad? Are there any other kits that will suit my application(10 pedals) and come with gold connectors?
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
nothing wrong with silver connectors.

in fact silver conducts better than gold.
Ibanez Prestige RG3270
Axe FX II
I think they are actually nickel connectors.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by WtrPlyr
Never heard of silver connectors.

Sorry, they are actually made of Nickel. What's the consensus?
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
he consensus is that nit goes through 20 feet of copper anyway... -.-
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
post this on tgp.

please.

then send us the link to the lulz.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
post this on tgp.

please.

then send us the link to the lulz.

Sorry what is tgp?
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
the gear page

it's basically a forum where if it doesn't cost $3k it's crap.

Many lulz ensue.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the gear page

it's basically a forum where if it doesn't cost $3k it's crap.

Many lulz ensue.

So my amp head would only be 'good' on that forum Nice lol!
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
oh no they don't like high gain there at all

basically if it doesn't sound like robben ford it sucks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Kinda slightly on topic.... why get 2 patch cables for each pedal? You only need one as a rule.... That might help find a kit easier anyway...

Each pedal will be going into my Midi-14, they won't be daisy chained. Each pedal will have a cable sent to the Midi-14 and a cable returning from the Midi-14.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Oh sure, go and make it complicated.... OK, gotcha now. I missed that in the original post. U gonna need hella lotz of cables dude.

I know bro Part of being a perfectionist is making the simplest things complicated, and blowing crazy money on gear lol.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by IbanezBossShred
Crazy money? Nawww... Earlier this year I spent well over $10,000.00 USD on guitar gear...

I've spent close to $15,000US this year and am not even done yet....
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
I have spent... $100

/pray for the boiler tech job.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Using gold plugs on your instrument cable...

Advantages:
  • Doesn't corrode

That's it.
Unless EVERY single non-soldered connection between your guitar's pickups and the speaker cone is gold plated, you aren't going to see any sonic difference. And even then, you probably won't be able to tell unless you hook the whole thing up to an oscilloscope.
If you have just ONE non gold connection, all those other gold conductors become useless.
Its like having a chain with 2 inch stainless steel thick links, but one of them is made from play-dough.

Disadvantages:
  • Costs more
  • Not as durable

Gold is a soft metal.
Say you have a gold plated plug. You plug and unplug that from your amp over and over and eventually, the gold plating is going to wear through. Granted that's going to take more in and out than a whorehouse sees in a month, but it will still happen.
Quote by CodeMonk
Using gold plugs on your instrument cable...

Advantages:
  • Doesn't corrode

That's it.
Unless EVERY single non-soldered connection between your guitar's pickups and the speaker cone is gold plated, you aren't going to see any sonic difference. And even then, you probably won't be able to tell unless you hook the whole thing up to an oscilloscope.
If you have just ONE non gold connection, all those other gold conductors become useless.
Its like having a chain with 2 inch stainless steel thick links, but one of them is made from play-dough.

Disadvantages:
  • Costs more
  • Not as durable

Gold is a soft metal.
Say you have a gold plated plug. You plug and unplug that from your amp over and over and eventually, the gold plating is going to wear through. Granted that's going to take more in and out than a whorehouse sees in a month, but it will still happen.

When you say everything connection, do you mean the lead from guitar to pedal board, pedal board to amp, amp to cabinet? Cause til now, all my leads have gold plated connectors.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by WtrPlyr
I spent $100,000
Am I cool now?

You are cool regardless
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Quote by Megadeth09
When you say everything connection, do you mean the lead from guitar to pedal board, pedal board to amp, amp to cabinet? Cause til now, all my leads have gold plated connectors.

Pretty much everything has to be gold plated. I mean, what good is a gold plated connector if the jack isn't?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.