Hey guys, i installed EZ Drummer on my Mac and i went into Reaper, only to not see it under the available VSTS... I´m fairly new into the mac world so i don´t know where my reaper folders are so i can manually drop the plugin file, if that´s what i should be doing.

So Reaper wont recognize EZ Drummer, it doesnt show as one of the options, and when i installed EZ DRUMMER there´s no executable icon, which i understand is a stand alone program, which i cannot now open using my DAW.

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Make sure your VST plugin settings are set correctly in Reaper. Options->Preferences->Plugins/VST. Make sure you installed ezDrummer to the vst path, or add it. Re-scan plugins and see if it recognizes it again. It's been so long since I installed ezDrummer that I cant remember if I had any troubles getting it to work.
Guitars are like my babies... except without that useless baby meat...
i don't use mac but i assume the directory structure works the same, in which case put the .dll in to:

%REAPER_DIR%\Plugins\FX\

..\Plugins\FX\plugin.dll

also im not sure if it's .dll or maybe another filetype for mac? but the theory should stand!
Quote by funeralllllllll
i don't use mac but i assume the directory structure works the same, in which case put the .dll in to:

%REAPER_DIR%\Plugins\FX\

..\Plugins\FX\plugin.dll

also im not sure if it's .dll or maybe another filetype for mac? but the theory should stand!

no, the entire folder has to be added to the plugins folder.

which is why its easier to just add its filepath in the preferences
Quote by rickyj
no, the entire folder has to be added to the plugins folder.

which is why its easier to just add its filepath in the preferences

im guessing thats on mac only right?

cause on pc the .dll passes a reference to the installation path of the program where samples etc are so you don't need to move them in
Go to Library (the one for the computer and not the users library is preferred) -->Audio ---> plug-ins --->

If your Ezdrummer is VST put it into the VST folder.

If Your Ezdrummer is AU (Audio unit) put it in the components folder.

Now Restart Reaper and check the VST list.

If it's not there check the VSTi list.

If it's AU check the AU/AUi list.

Also mac does not compute with .exe cause they use .dmg instead.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Nov 15, 2011,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Go to Library (the one for the computer and not the users library is preferred) -->Audio ---> plug-ins --->

If your Ezdrummer is VST put it into the VST folder.

If Your Ezdrummer is AU (Audio unit) put it in the components folder.

Now Restart Reaper and check the VST list.

If it's not there check the VSTi list.

If it's AU check the AU/AUi list.

Also mac does not compute with .exe cause they use .dmg instead.

Hey, thanks for your reply. So i went to both the VST and Components folder and i can see the files, like EZDrummer.vst, but it´s in a light color, as if it wasn´t there. And even though, apparently it shows the files in the folders...they still wont show in the VST or VSTi list...its all Cockos...
Mine shows up in the VSTi list. Name = "Dfh Sampler (Toontrack)(16out)". This is EZ Drummer, Drumkit from hell. Take a look for anything with "Toontrack" in the title.
Guitars are like my babies... except without that useless baby meat...
Okay, so i got it to work. It worked just fine the first time, but when i opened Reaper the next time it wasn´t there anymore. i dont know HOW, by pressing clear cache/rescan it found it again, i just touched everything til it did, but when its finally working again, it keeps crashing! EZ Drummer crashes, the host part in Reaper quits and i cannot continue recording, cause i dont have drums anymore.

This is driving me crazy Any ideas people? is it Reaper? ez drummer?