I've been playing a Norman B18 for the past 2 years and I really love it!

The value of this guitar is amazing and I have zero regrets purchasing this guitar.

Unfortunately, it's time for me to move on, and I've decided to sell my Norman to a friend and buy a Martin or a Taylor.

I need a really versatile guitar, but more importantly, a smaller guitar.

Dreadnought is simply too big to properly handle for me.

I know 000 is "Auditorium" and GA is "Grand Auditorium"

I'm mostly thinking about a Taylor 214CE or Martin 000C-whatever

Is there a big difference between the sizes?

Thanks
there is a big difference between the martin and taylor sounds. taylors are brighter, martins tend to have more bass and less upper end sparkle.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
All I can say is that my 214CE is Legend...wait for it...wait for it...DARY! LEGENDARY!
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I've had both Taylors and Martins and played dozens, and all I can say is Martin > Taylor.

BUT its all subjective! Play both models and find the one that sounds and feels best to you.
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
Well It'd be sure to play both to get a feel and see whether I like how it sounds.

But specifically for sizes, is there a big difference?
Also, what are some good 000 cutaway Martins? And does anybody have experience with HPL(High pressure laminate)?
martin HPL guitars have more bass than a lot of non-solid back and sides guitars, but a little less complexity than say a seagull.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
personally, i think you get more guitar for the money with lesser known companies. i went with breedlove for my big guitar purchase.

between the two, i honestly think i would go taylor. i've never really found a martin i've liked including vintage ones (except one time where i got to play a pre-war martin. that was a different story...)
not always - martin's x series has some lower priced guitars now that are fairly competitively priced, and not cardboardy in tone. that being said, recording king gives amazing bang for the buck.

Quote by User_Name336
personally, i think you get more guitar for the money with lesser known companies. i went with breedlove for my big guitar purchase.

and that's the joy of personal preference. i am not a huge martin fan, but in the lower price ranges, i prefer either a martin 000 or a taylor 114. if it were me, i'd go for the all solid recording king or perhaps the least expensive masterbilt. if i liked a focus on the higher end, i'd go with a 114. and ultimately, when i bought my first solid top in years, i went with the seagull s6, which to me sounded best of all of them.

Quote by User_Name336
between the two, i honestly think i would go taylor. i've never really found a martin i've liked including vintage ones (except one time where i got to play a pre-war martin. that was a different story...)
Quote by Skeet UK