I really want an explorer, of course i mostly want a Gibson, but i dont have the cash at the moment, and i dont really have a big income as i am in highschool so im considering getting the Epiphone model, is it really made of korina?

Can someone tell me more of this guitar?
Thanks
yes but most likely they aren't the premium cuts of wood, they are of lesser quality.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Worse hardware, worse pickups, worse woods... Worse in general than a Gibson Explorer, but still a pretty good guitar for it's price. However, if you really have an ESP Eclipse II, then I doubt that you would be satisfied with an Epiphone Explorer. That's only just what I think, though.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Pick one up used and do a pickup swap.

Jumping between the ESP and the Epi will be very noticeable, I would hold off until you can afford the Gibson. If you're lucky you can get a used standard for around $650, which is a little more than the price of a new Korina Epi.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I played a 84 reissue about 6 weeks ago, I thought it was a fantastic guitar for the money, only way you will find a guitar worth buying is by going and playing lots until your find one.
Jumping between a esp and an gibson is a big diffrence. Get the esp explorer or the ltd model its better then both IMO. The big diffrence other then hard ware is the fret work. I would do pick ups and put in string savers in the bridge and just pick up a fret file and do some fret work. The frets will probably grab you a bit.
Last edited by Briyan_15 at Nov 15, 2011,
I'd get an ESP EX over an Epi.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Played one. Looked nice, but wasn't that impressed. The pickups are crap compared to what i'm used to. Like everyone else has said, a better solution is just get a Gibson off Ebay. Better guitar and unlike Epi's they hold their value
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Briyan_15
Jumping between a esp and an gibson is a big diffrence. Get the esp explorer or the ltd model its better then both IMO. The big diffrence other then hard ware is the fret work. I would do pick ups and put in string savers in the bridge and just pick up a fret file and do some fret work. The frets will probably grab you a bit.

Actually i have a Gibson SG and played a lot of different Gibson models, i don't really think theres such a big difference to my ESP actually
well, idk about the explorer but the other guitarist in my old band hand the V version. The neck on it was nice and the pickups weren't bad for what we were playing. Had an interesting bright sound to it that i liked. Honestly i'll probably pick up this explorer or the '58 Epi reissue eventually. It's on my list to stuff to buy haha.
I own on of these explorers in black, i swapped the tuners to grovers and the pickups to emg selects and its my favorite guitar, the neck is thinnner than my epi les paul, and it plays great. worth the money
I have played multiple explorers at band practise (our studio/practise place we go to is linked to a shop...so there's loads of guitars to choose from to play with)....and I hated them...it felt more like a toy then anything when playing it.. Now...I'm not an elitest..apart from one guitar..alot of mine are cheap, but great guitars... But this thing had no redeeming qualities whatsoever..

I'd recommend saving money for a real gibson explorer (which I think play very well )...or looking at esp...or trying to find an ibanez destroyer (a guitar close to my heart at least)
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
I have one and it's great, the stock pickups aren't bad but i swapped them out for some duncan's and it made a huge improvement in the overall sound. Is it better then a Gibby? No. Is it worth the $500? IMO Yes, it's still a great guitar
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,